Posiflush EMT (B/D)
Job Description Summary
Duties may require correction of problems during off shifts on a call-up basis. Work closely with tool room to make timely repairs. Work schedules may fluctuate due to product and process start up or machine issues, as well as training of new associates on the off shifts. Must be flexible and willing to work overtime when needed. Driven to learn new systems, able to train others, assist with specifications & training documents. Individual will be trained to run, diagnose, and rebuild all key manufacturing equipment. Candidate will be expected to work closely with manufacturing teams for validation and revisions to the controls and designs of manufacturing systems. The job may require providing coverage for dept set-up, leading mechanical rebuilds, and working with outside vendors. Must be a team player, flexible, quick learner for new technologies and a demonstrated leader.
- Completion of two years technical school training in electronics, electrical mechanical, and/or equivalent experience in the military/industry.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel.
- Proven personal initiative is a requirement.
- Able to work well in a team environment.
- Must be able to read, understand and follow hazardous waste handling procedures to comply with EPA requirements.
- Perform troubleshooting, diagnose causes, and repair equipment as required.
- Test electronic circuits to locate defects and understand the use of oscilloscopes, signal generators, amp meters, and voltmeters.
- Install, modify and understand control panel wiring.
- Work closely with the Controls group to understand and modify PLC programs and maintain PLC ladder logic programs.
- Train operators and assist with machine set-ups/operation as required.
- Work with central crib to maintain an inventory of spare parts, both fabricated and commercial.
- Perform troubleshooting and repair of pneumatic and mechanical systems.
- Propose design changes and review with engineer to upgrade equipment, eliminate re-occurring problems, improve product quality, reduce costs, etc.
“Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.”
Primary Work LocationUSA NE - Columbus (West)
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ