Posiflush Setup Instruct & Repair - D Shift, $5000 Bonus Incentive Being Offered!
Job Description Summary
BE PART OF SOMETHING BIGGER!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
Job Grade: JG1
PCP Level 4
*** $5000 hiring incentive being offered to new hires based on position eligibility. ***
The general function of this job is to setup, changeover, improve and maintain the production equipment condition such that quality and quantity standards are met or exceeded. Setups are also responsible for training/developing operators and providing on-the-floor leadership
- Responsible for doing changeovers and setting up the equipment properly.
- Must keep equipment running in a good state of repair to meet production and quality standards.
- Is responsible for generating accurate maintenance records and other records as required by management.
- Responsible for machine cleanliness and preventive maintenance.
- Must provide coverage for others who are absent.
- Helps operators run equipment and provide assistance during operators’ break times.
- Must actively participate and lead teams, including but not limited to: scheduling, process improvement, safety, and continuous improvement.
- Must work safely, handle chemicals properly and ensure the safety of work mates.
- Expected to comply with other requests made by management.
- May work in a clean room environment and need to follow all GMP rules.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Associates degree in mechanical related field is preferred
- Ability to speak, read & write English
- Must have the mechanical skills/education/background required to setup, changeover, problem solve, improve, and maintain production equipment.
- Must meet all other educational & training requirements established now or in the future by management that may result from changing technical needs.
- Must be able to understand and follow the policies and procedures of our Quality System, Good Manufacturing Practices, and all regulations and rules.
- Expected to work on teams, have leadership skills and lead by example BD’s Core Values.
- Must have, and be able to demonstrate, the necessary mechanical ability for the equipment being maintained including the ability to use hand tools & gages and operate shop equipment.
- Must have the ability to troubleshoot and solve problems efficiently and effectively.
We Do What Is Right
- We derive our greatest sense of accomplishment from doing what is right – not what is expedient. We are reliable, honest, and trustworthy in all our dealings. We keep our promises and if we make a mistake we put it right.
We Anticipate and Address the Challenges of Patients and Customers Globally
- We need to know our customers’ needs as well or better than they do, so we can be proactive.
We Take Personal Responsibility
- We consider individual involvement and accountability to be both a right and a privilege and accept personal responsibility for everything that we do. We treat the company's reputation as our own and try to make wise use of our time and the company's resources. We consider individual involvement and accountability to be both a right and a privilege.
We Innovate and Improve Continuously
- Superior quality is the "ground floor" of our organization. Upon it we continually strive to improve by developing, manufacturing and supplying products and services superior to our competitors’ and better than the previous ones.
- We study our progress and learn from ourselves and others how to do things more effectively and efficiently. Our commitment to quality goes beyond how well we serve our customers to include the way we deal with all people. How we do things is as important to us as what we do.
We Respect, Collaborate, Challenge and Care about Each Other
- BD associates act with respect towards each other and toward those with whom we interact. We disagree openly and honestly, and we deal with our differences professionally. Once we have made a decision, we act together in harmony.
At BD, we strive to make healthcare a priority for our associates and their families. We have a variety of plans including a new HSA Basic plan option with Cigna.
- $0 payroll contributions if your salary is below $50,000
- Plan covers 100% preventative care (annual wellness exam, and immunizations)
- Visit any provider
If you meet the eligibility and enrollment requirements, your coverage begins on your date of hire or the date you become a benefits-eligible associate.
BD provides comprehensive total rewards benefits for all of its employees. Most benefits start on day 1 of your employment with BD.
- Competitive pay
- Up to 6 weeks of paid parental leave
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Education assistance ($5250.00 per year)
- Adoption assistance
- 401K plan with $.75 of every dollar matched up to 6% of compensation
- Basic life and AD&D provided
- Discounted home, auto, and pet insurance plans
- Paid holidays and vacation (pro-rated the first year based on actual start date)
Excited to grow your career?
We value our talented employees, and whenever possible strive to help one of our associates grow professionally before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply!
Our people make all the difference in our success.
WHY JOIN US?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT BD VISIT HTTPS://JOBS.BD.COM/ (https://jobs.bd.com/)
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA NE - Columbus (West)
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ