Setup Operator - D Shift $5000 Bonus incentive being offered!
Job Description Summary
$5000 hiring incentive being offered to new hires based on position eligibility.
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care. Come join our Team!
Repair and adjust production equipment to produce parts which conform to specified output rates. Routinely troubleshoot equipment including dismantling and reassembling machine components. Perform changeovers, line clearance and cleaning. Work as a team with peers for maximum efficiency in assigned tasks to maintain a production rate equal to or greater than the established standards.
Responsible for quality inspections, operating equipment, raw material/finished goods movement, and cleaning/sanitizing. Ensures compliance with BD quality systems, policies, procedures and practices and all local, state, federal and BD safety regulations, policies and procedures.
- Informal leader for respective line.
- Communicate on a daily basis with prior and post shift associates regarding technical and other pertinent issues.
- Set-up machines per established procedures, to manufacture product which conforms to quality specifications, at the rated output.
- Work with technical support until machine issue is resolved.
- Continually supervise operations for product quality and equipment performance, including QC lot acceptance rate.
- Monitor process parameters and take appropriate action.
- Perform quality inspections and quality monitoring.
- Record accurate inspection and production data as the need arises.
- Maintain equipment according to the preventative maintenance schedule.
- Assign associates to alternate tasks as needed. Instruct associates on accurate job methods and follow-up to be certain the instructions are understood and followed.
- Assist technical staff on machine modifications/testing, equipment validations.
- Responsible to contribute to the continuous improvement of the process.
- Other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma/GED
Associates Degree in Mechanics or Mechatronics preferred
Read, write, and speak English
At BD, we strive to make healthcare a priority for our associates and their families.
We have a variety of plans including a new HSA Basic plan option with Cigna.
- $0 payroll contributions if your salary is below $50,000
- Plan covers 100% preventative care (annual wellness exam, and immunizations)
- Visit any provider
If you meet the eligibility and enrollment requirements, your coverage begins on your date of hire or the date you become a benefits-eligible associate.
About Becton Dickinson (BD):
At BD Becton, Dickinson & Co., you are one person making one big difference. You are a key member of a team that is an important part of a leading, purposeful company committed to advancing the world of health. No matter what role you play, you can be confident that you are improving lives, all over the world. And as you progress with us, your impact will only grow.
BD provides comprehensive total rewards benefits for all of its employees. Most benefits start on day 1 of your employment with BD.
- Competitive pay
- Up to 6 weeks of paid parental leave
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Education assistance ($5250.00 per year)
- Adoption assistance
- 401K plan with $.75 of every dollar matched up to 6% of compensation
- Basic life and AD&D provided
- Discounted home, auto, and pet insurance plans
- Paid holidays and vacation (pro-rated the first year based on actual start date)
Excited to grow your career?
We value our talented employees, and whenever possible strive to help one of our associates grow before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position is right for you, please apply today!
Our people make all the difference in our success.
“Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.”
Primary Work LocationUSA NE - Columbus (East)
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ