Warehouser Utility - D Shift - $2000 Bonus Incentive Being Offered!
Job Description Summary
BE PART OF SOMETHING BIGGER!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
Job Grade - JG1-H05
PCP Level - 3
*** $2000 hiring incentive being offered to new hires based on position eligibility. ***
1. Responsible for providing support to Production by safely supplying and removing material to and from the production area while maintaining product identify/traceability/material status and assisting in functional areas of the Warehouse Department.
2. Ensure compliance with BD quality systems, policies, procedures and practices and all local, state, federal and BD safety regulations, policies and procedures.
3. Ensure compliance with: BD quality systems, policies, procedures and practices, BD safety regulations, policies and procedures, Resource Conservation and Recovery Act training, Right –To-Know training, Hazardous materials Handlers’ training, all local, state and federal laws.
4. Must be able to safely operate electric forklifts (stand up and sit down), electric pallet jacks, slip sheeting equipment and material tuggers.
5. Must achieve and maintain forklift certification.
6. Must be able to work with MES for the electronic transfer of product.
7. Must have the ability to speak, read and write English.
8. This person reports to the Shift Coordinator and shall be able to work accurately with limited supervision.
9. Regular, punctual attendance is required.
Responsible for maintaining accurate product identification, traceability and material status and accurately:
Transfer product in and out of the Warehouse rack system.
Transport raw, in process, or finished goods materials into and out of the production area. Includes rejected/questionable material, Experimental and Validation materials.
Transport hazardous materials into and out of production areas.
Recycle/remove waste as needed.
Reporting damaged materials as detected.
Maintain complete, accurate and legible records. Conduct SAP/MES transactions. Other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma/GED
For most roles at BD, employment is contingent upon the Company’s receipt of sufficient
proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In limited circumstances, weekly
testing for COVID-19 may be available instead of vaccination. Consistent with BD’s
Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered
pursuant to applicable law.
At BD, we strive to make healthcare a priority for our associates and their families. We have a variety of plans including a new HSA Basic plan option with Cigna.
$0 payroll contributions if your salary is below $50,000
Plan covers 100% preventative care (annual wellness exam, and immunizations)
Visit any provider
If you meet the eligibility and enrollment requirements, your coverage begins on your date of hire or the date you become a benefits-eligible associate.
BD provides comprehensive total rewards benefits for all of its employees. Most benefits start on day 1 of your employment with BD.
Up to 6 weeks of paid parental leave
Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
Education assistance ($5250.00 per year)
401K plan with $.75 of every dollar matched up to 6% of compensation
Basic life and AD&D provided
Discounted home, auto, and pet insurance plans
Paid holidays and vacation (pro-rated the first year based on actual start date)
Excited to grow your career?
We value our talented employees, and whenever possible strive to help one of our associates grow professionally before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply!
Our people make all the difference in our success.
WHY JOIN US?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT BD VISIT HTTPS://JOBS.BD.COM/ (https://jobs.bd.com/)
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA NE - Columbus (West)
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ