Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll help us share our innovative solutions with more clinics, physicians, pharmacies and medical entities which will in turn benefit the health and well-being of people and patients all over the nation. It’s an exciting, challenging and rewarding role, but you’ll be working from a place of strength thanks to our trusted name, and the belief in our products that you’ll quickly develop. Here, you’ll be channeling all your sales skills and experience into one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description SummaryBDI- UCC Clinical Manager - Denver, Colorado
The Clinical Manager is responsible for ensuring customers have been afforded the opportunity to complete Bard product training. The Clinical Manager will work in partnership with sales and marketing to meet company sales goals. The specialist will train according to company compliance standards and bears the responsibility of delivering live and electronic training programs. These programs will meet the needs of all customers both internal, (i.e. TMs, DMs, Marketing, Regulatory, Internal Training and Education) and external (i.e. Current and Potential Customers of BARD, Professional Organizations, KOLs).
The Clinical Manager is responsible for the coordination and administration of all aspects of product training programs including planning, organizing, leading, and maintaining program activities.
In addition to providing product training, the Clinical Manager will conduct product training assessments. The assessments include collection of information regarding the use of Bard products according to the product DFU. The Clinical Manager is responsible for presentations, and training that meets/exceeds customer satisfaction and improves company sales goals.
At BD, we are strongly committed to investing in our associates—their well-being and development, and in providing rewards and recognition opportunities that promote a performance-based culture. We demonstrate this commitment by offering a valuable, competitive package of compensation and benefits programs which you can learn more about on our Careers Site under “Our Commitment to You”. The anticipated compensation range for this position is $88,000 – $95,000, and the compensation offered will depend on the candidate’s qualifications.
*BD follows the Pay Transparency and non-discrimination provisions described by the Colorado Department of Labor and Employment (CDLE)
1. Partner with Territory Manager to advance BMD business.
2. Perform clinical assessment and product implementation activities in accordance with annual goals
3. Perform follow-up product training assessments to ensure product pull-through
4. Manage operational budget for product implementations and per diem staff
The Clinical Manager performs a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
• Plan the delivery of the overall programs and activities in accordance with the mission and the goals of Bard Medical (the organization)
• Carry out new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the organization
• Maintain forms and records to document program activities (SalesForce)
• Connect with stakeholders to gain support for the program and to solicit input to improve the program
• Liaise with hospital leadership to ensure the effective and efficient program delivery and pull through
• Develop product training plans accordingly, including hospital team members as needed.
• Coordinate the delivery of services among different program activities to increase effectiveness and efficiency
• Maintain personal travel budget as a segment of the overall Training Specialist team budget.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
• Knowledge of program management
• Knowledge of client groups and/or issues related to the program area
• Maintain knowledge and expertise as product specialist for entire Bard Medical product line. Focus on urological drainage and stool management
• Responsibility for scheduling time in accounts with sales partner. Must demonstrate use of time efficiently.
• Responsibility for meeting the needs of all customers both internal, i.e. TMs, DM’s, Marketing, Regulatory, Internal Training and Education) and external (i.e. Current and Potential Customers of BARD, Professional Organizations, KOLs).
• Able to function independently with minimal guidance or supervision. Excellent listening and interpersonal skills. Ability to work in sales environment with sales team. Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
• Ability to collect, analyze and present clinical data. Must be proficient with computer (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
• Multi-task oriented. Able to manage multiple customer accounts with strong organizational skills.
• Able to assess problems and overcome objections.
• Professional attitude and appropriate business and clinical judgment in all aspects of this position.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree. Require license as a Registered Nurse.
• Three (3+) years of patient care experience in Hospital ICU/CCU/ED.
• Demonstration of career progression, leadership roles, committee presence, and/or charge nurse experience a plus.
• Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, business correspondence and memos. Ability to compose basic correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in a one-on-one or small group situations
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions and decimals
• Must have the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where limited direction has been given. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written or oral format.
The Clinical Manager should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
• Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that own behavior is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization
• Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
• Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
• Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
• Employee may be required to sit, bend, stoop, use keyboard, see, talk and hear. May occasionally lift objects up to 50 lbs. Work schedule may vary with multiple shifts included. Standing for long periods of time may also be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Work Schedule will vary and covering multiple shifts may be necessary at times.
• Travel includes driving, flying and overnights in hotels specific to assigned territory in its entirety.
• Additional travel may be required to cover conferences, open territories, and training assessments as needed.
• This is a field-based position with the majority of time being spent in face to face interaction with Bard customers.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA GA - Covington BMD
What makes a successful Sales Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
I’m proud to work at BDI Surgery and BD because the work we do every day optimizes surgical outcomes and enhances patients’ lives.
VP Sales & Commercial Excellence
Every day we focus on bringing innovative solutions to patients living with diabetes. The patient is at the heart of everything we do.
VP Marketing and Commercial Excellence
Getting our customers the right information on time so they can focus on their science and diagnostics needs is why I come to work every day.
Vice President Global Marketing