Customer Experience Specialist (Distributor)
Job Description Summary
The U.S. Customer Care team strives to deliver exceptional experiences to our customers at each touchpoint. With the goal to make it effortless for our customers to do business with BD, Customer Care in the U.S. Region is undergoing a significant transformation that will enable a culture of continuous customer focus and service improvement. The Customer Care team is responsible for addressing the majority of customer inquiries that BD receives in the U.S. supporting $9 billion in capital and consumable revenue across 9 business units. This includes customer questions around placing orders, order status, product questions and product complaints. The team operates several contact centers across the U.S., including San Antonio - TX, Covington -GA, Rhode Island, Tempe - AZ, Sparks - MD, Salt Lake City - UT, Vernon Hills - IL and Franklin Lakes - NJ. The Customer Care teams directly engage with direct customers, distribution partners and sales teams.
The Distributor Customer Experience Team is responsible for delivering an exceptional experience to our Distributors by being a proactive solutions-oriented partner. Our smaller teams of dedicated and knowledgeable individuals work closely with customers to provide a concierge level of service.
Reporting to the Manager, Distributor Customer Experience (DCx), the Specialist is responsible for providing concierge service to one or more of our Distributor customers. He/she works closely with his/her teammates to manage all the requests of their Distributor. Requests include processing and managing orders via, phone, fax, email, EDI, and Gfax. The Specialist assists in the management of product returns and proof of delivery confirmation. Works with all DC’s to ensure orders are delivered as requested and in a timely manner to ensure high service levels are achieved. Strives to manage all incoming calls to minimize the number of transfers. Call types include Change order, General Inquiry, Order Status, Product Availability, Service Complaint, and Technical Service.
- Member of a DCx Pod providing concierge customer service support to Distributor customers.
- Work collaboratively as a team in a virtual environment.
- Provide primary phone and email support.
- Process all customer orders received via phone, email, EDI and fax transmittal.
- Escalate special customer requests to Expeditor.
- Monitor the Pod’s email box.
- Identifies areas for Pod continues improvement.
- Pursues personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role and future opportunities.
- Adheres to and ensures compliance with BD guidelines, protocols, and policies.
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
- 1+ years of Customer Service experience or work in the medical field.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Skilled in the use of personal computers and office software including familiarity with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, and Outlook.
- Ability to multitask using dual monitors, while working in multiple systems.
- Clear communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to work with and maintain confidential information.
- Ability to resolve potentially stressful customer interactions.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- JDE, SAP or similar ERP experience desirable.
- Some college or college degree
- Medical industry customer service experience
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA GA - Covington BMD
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ