Manufacturing Support Project Engineer (EU MDR)
Job Description SummaryUnder the supervision of the Business Integrator, provide engineering services to support EU MDR related manufacturing activities in domestic and overseas facilities. Coordinate programs with plant and functional groups to meet business objectives. Assist in the development and or manage the implementation of specific projects. Work with teams to implement EU MDR technical file remediation, product or process improvements, product line rationalization, and capital equipment sourcing plans. Provide materials planning, capacity, continuous improvement and manufacturing analysis and recommendations to management.
This position is a temporary assignment which will include benefits such as (medical, health, dental, 401k). Eligibility for these benefits will be based on the eligibility requirements as determined by the BD Total Rewards policy. This position will support Regulatory Affairs efforts and is anticipated to last approximately through September 30, 2022.
**This position does not offer relocation assistance**
- Provide engineering coordination and analytical capabilities to plants and project teams. Assist with EU MDR technical file remediation activities and implement into manufacturing operations
- Provide analysis, feasibility studies, and capability studies, related to manufacturing processes
- Work with plants, R&D, Regulatory Affairs, and Quality Assurance to ensure proper documentation is issued and in place as part of the implementation process
- As a Project Leader, Core Team Member, or Extended Team Member support operations related projects with:
- The development of project plans, timelines, resources, capital and cost of good estimates
- Create execution strategies, brainstorm solutions, and monitor tasks to remove obstacles in the way of progress
- Lead/assist project teams to implement sku rationalization, revised product labeling, risk management, post market surveillance, and support sustaining activities to achieve EU MDR compliance
- Works with multi-functional teams in development of processes or process improvements
- Work with supply chain planning, marketing and plants to determine production requirements for EU MDR inventory planning
- Work directly with plants to determine equipment capacities, cost, and planning for future operations
- Be a resource to management for problem solving
- BA Business or BS Engineering, preferable a Major in Industrial or Mechanical
- Project Management Certification or significant experience leading and managing projects
- 3 to 8 years of experience in a manufacturing, supply chain, or manufacturing support role with exposure to high volume and or high quality medical device manufacturing
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.
Primary Work LocationUSA GA - Covington BMD
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ