Warehouse 2 (Material Handler)
Job Description Summary
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
Under minimal direction, the position is responsible for product movement, data entry, and verification of the receiving paperwork in a timely manner and in accordance with internal procedures. The position controls receiving for non-inventory and inventory receipts for multiple divisions supported by the Covington Facility. Other duties may be assigned.
1st SHIFT - 7:00AM - 3:30PM
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES including the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Receipt of products into the Covington facility
- Operate Stand-up Forklifts
- Routing of products to designated areas (Incoming, Sterilization, Ship to Stock) via the HighJump Inventory Management system
- Verification of receiving paperwork into the system in a timely manner and in accordance to Good Documentation practices.
- Tally product receipts into the Incoming Quality Control
- Receiving of products into the JDE system via IBM Data Collection
- Maintains the files and monthly receipts by vendor on inventory related transactions.
- Verifies and reconciles inventory receipts.
- Proofreads work for accuracy and forwards to proper departments for processing. (Works closely with accounts payable and numerous departments that depend on accurate, timely paperwork.)
- Investigates and corrects receiving discrepancies.
- Unloads, logs, separates, tags and delivers packages.
- Stacks packages on skids.
- Other duties that may be assigned.
- Overtime as necessary
- Adhere to all safety and PPE regulations and policies.
- Responsible for maintaining 5S compliance in all warehouse areas.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements included in this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Good written and verbal skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple duties simultaneously.
- Proficient in the use of a personal computer with intermediate level of keyboarding skills.
- Knowledge of JDE and IBM Data Collection
- Knowledge of the HighJump Inventory Management system
- Requires the use of a Stand up Forklift
- Data entry skills preferred
- Attention to detail
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school education, GED or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of Forklift Experience is preferred, but not required
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication between multiple departments and divisions as supported at the Covington Facility.
- Basic English
Must have good use of basic mathematical skills for processing the receiving paperwork.
Ability to solve practical problems. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and oral form. Ability to adapt to shifting priorities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms and lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Employee is required to meet with other personnel in other areas of building. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Must be free of any health conditions that would prohibit assignments to tasks that require heavy lifting, pulling, bending and or prolonged standing.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. During the performance of this job, the employee may be in hot and humid locations, near moving mechanical parts, high places, risk of electrical shock, work with explosive gas, toxic and caustic chemicals, or experience loud noise (maintenance shop, forklift equipment, and construction). Must be willing work “off” hours, as required. Additionally, must be able to work with minimal supervision.
Click on Apply if this sounds like you!
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA GA - Covington BMD
Work ShiftUS BD 1st Shift 7am-330pm (United States of America)
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ