Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll help us share our innovative solutions with more clinics, physicians, pharmacies and medical entities which will in turn benefit the health and well-being of people and patients all over the nation. It’s an exciting, challenging and rewarding role, but you’ll be working from a place of strength thanks to our trusted name, and the belief in our products that you’ll quickly develop. Here, you’ll be channeling all your sales skills and experience into one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description Summary
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
Our vision for Integrated Diagnostics Solutions at BD
By aligning and simplifying our work, our Integrated Diagnostic Solutions (IDS) business unit aims to drive growth and innovation around everything from integrated specimen management to diagnostic solutions.
About the role:
As Microbiology Applications Specialist, you will provide high-level technical and application training to BD Customers within clinical, public health, and industrial laboratory settings.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Conducts comprehensive user training on BD instrumented platforms and achieves customer proficiency, optimal utilization, and self-sufficiency
- Demonstrates proficiency in application of BD instrumented platforms and software by uncovering customer’s needs, implementing customized solutions, and assuring rapid adoption
- Collaborates with Technical Service and Support and Field Service to improve customer experience!
- Provides expertise in all stages of the sales cycle by assisting sales associates in enlightening technical features and functions of BD Instrumented platforms
- Actively engages in regional Sales and Marketing programs in delivering efficient service portfolio to the customers
- Collaborates with BD Technical and Training Center associates to develop training programs and departmental Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for instrumented platforms.
- Conducts product demonstrations while promoting product value to support the sales of BD instrumented platforms at trade shows, BD sponsored workshops, and customer sites
- Supports or participates in BD sponsored Webinars and Teleconferences.
- Participates on project teams as appropriate, following Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), ISO 9000, Quality Procedures and PACE (Product and Cycle-time Excellence) Development protocols for new product development.
- Conducts training for BD associates in BD instrumented platforms as necessary
To be successful in this role, you require knowledge of technical and workflow related aspects meaningful to the discovery phase of system implementation within clinical and public health laboratory settings. You will have validated project management, instructing, motivational and organizational skills with a consistent record of accomplishments. You will also possess effective communication skills including effective internal and external communication and conflict resolution skills. Finally, familiarity with regulatory agencies (i.e. CLIA, USP, GMP/CGMP) and quality procedures is strongly desired.
Education and experience required:
- B.S. Degree in Medical Technology, Biological Sciences, or Microbiology, advanced degree desirable.
- Training in "Train-the-Trainer" methods, instructional design / development, adult educational methods desirable
- 3+ years experience in a clinical hospital or reference laboratory setting
- Minimum 2 years experience in Technical, Clinical Training and Education environment
- Proficient in Identification / Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing (ID/AST).
- Ability to travel domestically.
- Proven track record to be on call during evening/weekend as needed.
Click on Apply if this sounds like you!
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA MD - Sparks - 7 Loveton Circle
What makes a successful Sales Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
I’m proud to work at BDI Surgery and BD because the work we do every day optimizes surgical outcomes and enhances patients’ lives.
VP Sales & Commercial Excellence
Every day we focus on bringing innovative solutions to patients living with diabetes. The patient is at the heart of everything we do.
VP Marketing and Commercial Excellence
Getting our customers the right information on time so they can focus on their science and diagnostics needs is why I come to work every day.
Vice President Global Marketing