At BD Becton Dickinson & Co., you’re one person making one big difference. You’re a key member of a team that is an important part of a leading, purposeful company committed to advancing the world of health. No matter what role you play, you can be confident that you’re improving lives, all over the world. And as you progress with us, your impact will only grow.
By being hired into one of our Customer Support jobs at BD, you’ll be a key member of the BD team. Professionals in Customer Support careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. A job in Customer Support at BD may be waiting for you!
FST II Product Support/RepairApply Now Job ID R-26753 Date posted 12/07/2017
Job Description SummaryServicing Pyxis dispensing equipment on customer sites in the Denver Colorado market place.
Field Service Technician (FST) provides 24 x 7 service support for Pyxis dispensing customers in the Denver Colorado area. FST manages service calls and performs preventive maintenance.
The Field Service Technician is a home-office based position with daily travel to customers in the assigned territory. Ideal candidates will reside within Denver, CO Metro area.
- Independently provide efficient and effective field service support to all CareFusion BD dispensing customers within a given territory in a timely manner, including, but not limited to repair, preventative maintenance, calibration, installations, and cross functional support for Sales and Implementation teams.
- Maintain proper and accurate small parts inventory for the purpose of service, and follow approved policies and procedures for Inventory Controls.
- Provide accurate and timely documentation that details field activity (FSR's), expenses, time distribution and other information as required.
- Continue training and self-development to maintain and advance skillsets to support the products and applications of the Company. Will also attend management approved seminars and training sessions as required.
- Maintain company assets (car, tools and inventories) securely and in working order.
- Working knowledge of Corporate and Service Department procedures and policies, including customer complaint handling and Medical Device Reporting.
- Associate Degree or 3-5 years of related work experience
- 3 years of combination Hardware/Software/IT experience supporting both proprietary and standard applications
- 24x7 on-call experience in a customer-facing environment required (M-F 10am – 7pm)
- Excellent mechanical, computer and time management skills required
- Prior experience working in a pharmacy or hospital environment, a plus
- Medical device or Electromechanical device repair experience, a plus
- Strong ability to troubleshoot hardware and software problems
- Works within defined process procedures or methodologies with minimal degree of supervision
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and meet BD's auto safety standards.
- Upon hire, must provide proof of and maintain current immunizations and obtain additional immunizations appropriate for the facility which enables access to customer sites in order to perform essential job functions. Proofs must include: Hepatitis B, Influenza (current year), MMR (mumps, measles, rubella), Varicella (chicken pox) Annual TB/PPD (skin test), Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis.
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Diego Bldg A&B
Similar Job Openings Nearby
- Equipment Specialist Days Sandy, Utah 6476561
- Manager, Professional Services (Cato / Pharmogistics) 6476559
- R&D Project Coordinator Vernon Hills, Illinois 6476560
- Account Executive - Atlanta, GA Georgia 6476563