Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll help us share our innovative solutions with more clinics, physicians, pharmacies and medical entities which will in turn benefit the health and well-being of people and patients all over the nation. It’s an exciting, challenging and rewarding role, but you’ll be working from a place of strength thanks to our trusted name, and the belief in our products that you’ll quickly develop. Here, you’ll be channeling all your sales skills and experience into one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description Summary
Davol Inc./C.R. Bard has joined BD. BD Interventional’s Surgery worldwide business unit, located in Rhode Island, is a leading developer, manufacturer, and marketer of innovative, life-enhancing medical technologies. For the past 40 years, we have stood out as the market leader in providing solutions in soft tissue reconstruction including products for hernia repair, specialized surgical procedures, fixation and biologic implants. In addition to this extensive suite of products, our BioSurgery business is delivering a growing line of enhanced sealants and hemostatic products to complement surgical techniques across, thoracic, cardiovascular and other surgical specialties. Our company has a strong tradition of developing our employees to learn, grow and excel. We are continually building our team with qualified, team oriented individuals to improve the success of our company.
Responsible for attaining sales goals established by the Company within the designated territory and budget. Responsible for growing sales of current accounts and establishing new accounts. Positions self as a product specialist. Presents, educates, and provides in-services on the process/procedure of accurately using the Company’s products to surgeons, OR staff, and other individuals. These duties include, but are not limited to:
- Providing on-site technical support during procedures to ensure accurate use of the products.
- Training and educating physicians and hospital staff on the use of the products.
- Ensuring surgeons and staff have the most current product information available.
- Ensuring effective utilization of the products by all trained surgeons within territory
- Maintains detailed knowledge and capabilities of the Company’s products, channels and methods of distribution.
- Responsible for meeting territory sales and profitability goals.
- Responsible for developing new prospects and establishing customers.
- Advises customers of new and current products, backorders, general order status, current pricing structure, company policy changes, and forecasts for new needs.
- Achieves prompt, mutually satisfactory solution to customers’ complaints.
- Keeps promises and appointments. Exercises courtesy and ethical manners at all times.
- Attends customers’ meetings and tradeshows. Gives detailed post-convention report: number in attendance, competitors present, new product introductions, and recommendations for subsequent shows.
- Establishes Davol products as the standard for bid accounts through surgeon specifications.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum of 3 years general sales experience, medical sales experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, communication, organizational and planning skills.
- Detailed understanding of the needs/analysis approach to sales.
- Understands the product buyer concept.
- Understands contract administration.
- Understands principles of group purchasing to include research, formulating and recommend proposal.
Must possess and maintain a valid state-issued driver's license and meet BD's auto safety standards.
Must be able to meet and maintain customer/medical facility access requirements, including regular or periodic drug screenings with a satisfactory result in accordance with the requirements of the customer/medical facility serviced.
Ability to travel at least 60%, including overnight travel.
- Procedure knowledge adequate to illustrate convincingly the benefits of the Company’s products.
- Basic anatomy
- Ability to discuss the various products in relation to the human body.
- Familiarity with medical and surgical terminology.
***Local candidates only, no relocation available for this position
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA RI - Warwick
What makes a successful Sales Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
I’m proud to work at BDI Surgery and BD because the work we do every day optimizes surgical outcomes and enhances patients’ lives.
VP Sales & Commercial Excellence
Every day we focus on bringing innovative solutions to patients living with diabetes. The patient is at the heart of everything we do.
VP Marketing and Commercial Excellence
Getting our customers the right information on time so they can focus on their science and diagnostics needs is why I come to work every day.
Vice President Global Marketing