Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll join a driven, agile engineering team working in a startup-like environment that has the backing and resources of a Fortune 500 company. In engineering, you could be involved in everything from operations, production and construction to information technology and maintenance environments, all while analyzing and developing solutions to further our engineering capabilities. You’ll use your talent and track record of solving complex problems to achieve one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description Summary
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
BD Medical is among the world's leading suppliers of medical devices and a leading innovator in injection- and infusion-based drug delivery. We’re focused on providing innovative solutions to reduce the spread of infection, enhance diabetes treatment and advance drug delivery.
Within Digital Health, you will have the opportunity to play a vital role in a new product initiative and make a lasting impact in Diabetes Care. You will also have the advantage of combining the best of both worlds; the agility and creativity of a start-up with the resources of a Fortune 500 company. We are looking for highly innovative, passionate, and talented individuals to join our team. If you want to develop revolutionary products for the Diabetes Care market, please join us.
As Senior Staff Software Engineer you will be a senior technical leader focused on advanced projects, software architecture, quality and software safety. This role works with the larger mobile app development team. The initial focus will be on software design and implementation to safely and securely integrate advanced, safety-critical algorithms into the application.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Design, develop, document, and test software to support the integration of algorithms into native mobile applications following BDs software lifecycle.
- Test, debug and resolve issues, and perform software integration as vital.
- Act as authority to enable the safe integration of the algorithm(s) into the mobile application.
- Collaborate with the application development team on C# and software safety
- Work closely with internal and external partners to gather specifications.
- Support Clinical and user studies as needed.
- Perform other job-related duties as needed.
- Assure alignment to SDLC development policies and software quality procedures
- Develop and implement software tools as needed.
- Support unit, integration, and verification test teams
To be successful in this role, you require:
- Deep experience in C#
- Safety-critical software engineering and verification methods (formal or other)
- Experience in medical device software or similar field is highly preferred
- Experience with Hazard and Risk Assessment (HARA) and/or Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
Education and experience required:
- 10+ years’ experience or 7+ years with PhD.
- C# developer (5+ years).
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills, adaptable, proactive, and willing to take ownership.
- Consistent record of shipping commercial software.
Why join us?
A career at BD means that you are part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here you can fulfill your life’s purpose through the work that you do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA MA - Andover
Additional LocationsUSA NC - Durham (Tripath Oncology)
What makes a successful Engineer Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
As a new employee what I like most about BD are the many learning and professional developmental opportunities for growth offered. It is good to know that there are so many resources to choose from.
Since joining BD, I really have liked the people I work with on a daily basis and the collaboration towards common goals.
Senior Program Manager
BD is full of passionate, loyal, and driven people that have a common goal of advancing healthcare without sacrificing quality or service.