Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll join a driven, agile engineering team working in a startup-like environment that has the backing and resources of a Fortune 500 company. In engineering, you could be involved in everything from operations, production and construction to information technology and maintenance environments, all while analyzing and developing solutions to further our engineering capabilities. You’ll use your talent and track record of solving complex problems to achieve one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description Summary
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
BD Medical is among the world's leading suppliers of medical devices and a leading innovator in injection- and infusion-based drug delivery. We’re focused on providing innovative solutions to reduce the spread of infection, enhance diabetes treatment and advance drug delivery.
Within Digital Health, you will have the opportunity to play a vital role in a new product initiative and make a lasting impact in Diabetes Care. You will also have the advantage of combining the best of both worlds; the agility and creativity of a start-up with the resources of a Fortune 500 company. We are looking for highly innovative, passionate, and talented individuals to join our team. If you want to develop revolutionary products for the Diabetes Care market, please join us.
As a Staff Xamarin Mobile Application Developer joining our Mobile Applications team, you will be responsible for crafting and delivering key features within our mobile application. You will own significant software functionality and features of our cross-platform app framework. This role will be directly responsible for reducing the burden of diabetes for our users through the application of ground-breaking software and technology.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Be a core hands-on contributor to BD’s mobile digital platform and applications.
- Develop high quality and smooth consumer user interface and experience for all users.
- Continually improve the BD UI framework and its capabilities with a focus on consumer delight.
- Be a technical leader, expert resource to product teams, and mentor to junior developers.
- Work closely with internal and external specialists to integrate sophisticated algorithms into a mobile app.
- Adopt a lean start-up approach to building and testing new product concepts for mobile apps and smart devices. Implement an early feedback loop to enable continuous learning and iteration for ventures, products, and services.
To be successful in this role, you require:
- Must possess strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Passion for technology and delivering useful and pleasing products to a consumer base
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Results-oriented: Track record of shipping software to end-users
Education and experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years’ experience with Xamarin or a combination of native mobile and C#
- Experience with agile, lean practices and methodologies
- Hands-on experience with mobile application development (native iOS, native Android, or cross-platform framework)
- Hand on experience delivering extraordinary consumer UI to the App Store/Play Store
Why join us?
A career at BD means that you are part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here you can fulfill your life’s purpose through the work that you do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA MA - Andover
Additional LocationsUSA NC - Durham (Tripath Oncology)
What makes a successful Engineer Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
As a new employee what I like most about BD are the many learning and professional developmental opportunities for growth offered. It is good to know that there are so many resources to choose from.
Since joining BD, I really have liked the people I work with on a daily basis and the collaboration towards common goals.
Senior Program Manager
BD is full of passionate, loyal, and driven people that have a common goal of advancing healthcare without sacrificing quality or service.