Job Description SummaryThe Procurement Manager executes sourcing strategies for the assigned site(s) and / or categories as defined in the three to five year roadmaps, and as directed by the Sourcing Group Director / Manager. The assigned scope is generally narrow in nature over just a few sites.
Implementation activities generally include overall project management, procurement aspects of supplier qualification, risk mitigation programs, and appropriate implementation of the source-to-pay process inclusive of customer-centric support content and preferred payment methods.
- Lead supplier management activities and execute supplier compliance activities for assigned suppliers. Suppliers are generally regional in nature and may span only a few sites, a business or a function.
- Achieve Class I and II savings targets, and for assigned supply base, supplier management and compliance activities, develop value plans and achieve value targets within the assigned sites and/or categories.
- Responsible for customer relationships with stakeholders for assigned categories and / or sites, and handles a wide range of two-way communication with and in support of site procurement that arises in the course of implementation, while demonstrating close collaboration and alignment with category group leaders and global and regional strategic sourcing managers.
- May be responsible for contributing to the global category teams in the development, communication and approval of sourcing strategies, collecting and providing regional business requirements and regional supply market information and supply practices.
- Minimum five years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- Experience with cost management practices
- Purchasing process knowledge
- Experience with quantitative and financial analysis
- Project Management skills
- Solid purchasing fundamentals
- Strategic sourcing process participation
- Experience in supplier management
- MBA or equivalent degree preferred
- NAPM certification preferred
- APICS certification preferred
- IT Systems - SAP, BW, POP, FSC, SMIS
- Manufacturing services and supply chain
- Process Effectiveness
- Regulatory Systems and Compliance including quality concepts
- Ability to influence without direct authority
- Drive for results
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Problem solving skills
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.
Primary Work LocationUSA GA - Covington BMD
Additional LocationsMEX Juarez Healthcare, MEX Juarez Homecare, MEX Nogales North - Luis Donaldo Colosio Blvd, MEX Nogales South – Parque Industrial El Cid, USA TX - El Paso - Northwestern Dr., USA TX - El Paso - Plaza Circle
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ