Athena 2 Cost Accountant
Job Description SummaryThe A2 Operating Model SME will be supporting the Athena 2 Cost Accountant on the implementation activities for wave 2. This is a 2 year full-time A2 project role.
The scope of the A2 project is:
- EMEA BD1 and BARD systems integration:
- migrating BD1 & BARD Quote-to-Cash process to S/4 H, and
- BARD JDE Finance to a global S/4 H Platform
- legacy BD ECC Finance to a global S/4 H Platform
- Manufacturing is out of scope (for legacy BD, for EU Carefusion plants as well as EU BARD plants)
- A2 can only be successful when integrated with Global Solutions (MDM, GTS, BPC, SCM, Warehouse management, Contract and Tender Management, Service Management, Procurement systems, Manufacturing Systems, ...).
- All business units except BDM-PS processed through ECC, MPS – IS Sheffield, V Mueller, ROWA, ARX and Home healthcare.
In finance, there are 3 streams:
A2 Business Processes (G/L / Tax/ Operating Model) A2 Assets and Cash Processes (Rev Rec/ Assets & Instruments/ Customer Accounting/ Treasury) A2 Finance Data Conversion. Migration of GL OI Data Conversion / Reporting & Analytics.
There are 2 waves in the A2 program, with Wave 1 go-live complete on July 1st 2022.
Wave 2: migrate legacy BD businesses from ECC & LOTS to S/4 H, and remaining legacy Bard companies from JDE to S/4 H:
* Migrate remaining legacy BD financials from ECC to S/4 H,
* Migrate remaining legacy Bard company codes from JDE to S/4 H,
* Add additional finance functionalities for any new co codes/countries part of wave 2,
*Add required S/4 H capabilities to support the legacy BD business scenarios not yet covered during wave 1.
The main responsibilities of the A2 Operating model SME will include:
- Get familiar with the E2E business scenarios included in Wave 1 and Wave 2, and the way they have been designed in S/4 H.
- Support the definition and creation of appropriate mark-up condition records in preparation of the costing runs and integration test cycles.
- Retrieve manufacturing costs of plants on other ERP platforms that the principal is buying from and load them in S/4 H.
- Execute product costing run to get the materials in the EMEA LRD’s costed.
- Verify that costs were correctly loaded and released.
- Once inventory quantities are loaded by the supply chain team, perform an inventory reconciliation – investigate differences and in case they are due to data issues, make sure these get corrected before the start of the next data load.
- Help review process documentation and review/approve test scripts.
- Financial validation of End-To-End scenarios testing with focus on ensuring that the correct cost and mark-up values are being picked up in the transactions, that the financial postings are hitting the right GL accounts and that the correct profit center and finance country are used.
- Provide input for training material creation and review training materials prepared by the training team.
- Train end-users - appropriate support will be given in order to be prepared for this.
- Support cutover activities and stabilization.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- You have a relevant business or accounting degree
- You have prior experience with transfer pricing and inventory accounting
- You are proficient in Microsoft office applications
- SAP experience is preferred.
- You have an IT affinity
- You have an analytical mindset and problem-solving attitude
- You are fluent in written and spoken English
- You can work independently but are also an excellent team player (as the testing will be executed by a larger testing team and across multiple teams, the need for collaboration with multiple team members is key)
- You are patient when responding to end user’s questions
- You are willing and able to train users (soft skill sessions for trainers will be organized)
- You have a drive to get the job done; during go-live and stabilization support period you might need to work outside standard day working times
Primary Work LocationBEL Erembodegem - Dorp 86
Additional LocationsESP Barcelona, FRA Le Pont-de-Claix Cedex, GBR Winnersh - Eskdale Road
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ