Market Access Manager BD Interventional (Hybrid)
Job Description SummaryReady to transform the landscape of healthcare access? As our Market Access Manager at BD, you'll be at the forefront of driving strategies that open doors for our innovative products. Join us in this hybrid role that combines strategy with hands-on impact.
We are the makers of possible.
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world. Advancing the world of health™ is our Purpose, and it’s no small feat. It takes the imagination and passion of all of us—from design and engineering to the manufacturing and marketing of our billions of MedTech products per year—to look at the impossible and find transformative solutions that turn dreams into possibilities.
Why join us?
A career at BD means learning and working alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. You will have the opportunity to help shape the trajectory of BD while leaving a legacy at the same time. To find purpose in the possibilities, we need people who can see the bigger picture, who understand the human story that underpins everything we do. We welcome people with the imagination and drive to help us reinvent the future of health. At BD, you’ll discover a culture in which you can learn, grow and thrive. And find satisfaction in doing your part to make the world a better place. Become a maker of possible with us!
Our vision for BD Interventional at BD
BD Interventional (BDI) focus on leading innovation and life-enhancing devices in the field of surgical, cardiovascular, urological and critical care interventions seeking at advancing the treatment of high burden diseases and enabling surgical and interventional procedures.
About the role
As the Market Access Manager, you will play a meaningful role in formulating market access strategies for the Benelux market. You will lead the country collaboration with HEOR to develop the Benelux market access strategy to ensure product(s) secure market access and payment while positioning the company for delivering significant value propositions to all partners. Reporting to the country business leader BD Interventional, you will be responsible for developing and leading a comprehensive market access and payer value strategy for the BD Interventional business in the country to ensure commercial success. This position involves a significant level of autonomy and requires an ambitious individual who is willing and able to be highly involved in both an operational and strategic level
Main responsibilities will include:
- Apply a deep understanding of country-level reimbursement trends, policies and guidelines and establishing/executing on a strategic market access vision for the BDI business owning the development of country market access and payer value strategy to include the proactive identification of critical issues, opportunities and key evidence needs to support the payer value proposition
- Lead a broad scope of market access initiatives developing cross functional strategies to include: Landscape assessments, market access and value strategy workshops, payer advisory boards and partner engagement planning and execution.
- Lead the country engagement of external market access audiences including payors, policy makers and appropriate authorities at the national, regional and local level.
- Partner with key cross functional groups (medical affairs, commercial teams, regulatory, HEOR, PPA) to identify and resolve payment issues that may be barriers to product market access.
- Localize and tactically implement the market access strategy including HTA submissions and market access initiatives at the institutional level
- Work closely with the regulatory, clinical and commercial teams to ensure understanding and alignment
- Be responsible for the identification and country adoption of Alternative Funding Schemes and Innovative Contracting options to establish new funding pathways for key products.
- Serve as a key evidence generation partner to help craft data and evidence to build and implement efficient market access
- Develop and maintain up-to-date knowledge and expertise of payers and payer systems across the country to build and maintain a confirmed understanding of external dynamics and trends in pricing, payment and health technology assessment
- Support team (medical affairs and sales) in identifying clinical and payer advocates (KOLs) to support and further initiatives impacting payers, associations and government policy
- University degree (Medical, Biomed, pharmacist, master in sciences or similar)
- Proven experience and ability developing, presenting and delivering the strategy within the Benelux region.
- Experience in the healthcare industry, a CRO or a healthcare organization (sick fund, INAMI…)
- Good knowledge of price and reimbursement processes and regulations in Belgium / Netherlands
- Clear focus for influencing and negotiating with access collaborators and Key Opinion Leaders
- Strong analytical, problem solving and persuasive abilities to develop and implement regional strategic plans
- You are able to work independently with minimal oversight and direction, to anticipate needs from leadership and other partners, and to balance multiple and often diverse priorities in order to align on a strategic and appropriate plan
- Oral and written communication skills in Dutch and English, French is a plus
Click on apply if this sounds like you!
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
To learn more about BD visit: https://bd.com/careers
Primary Work LocationBEL Erembodegem - Dorp 86
Additional LocationsBEL Olen, NLD Vianen - Lange Dreef
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ