Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll help us share our innovative solutions with more clinics, physicians, pharmacies and medical entities which will in turn benefit the health and well-being of people and patients all over the nation. It’s an exciting, challenging and rewarding role, but you’ll be working from a place of strength thanks to our trusted name, and the belief in our products that you’ll quickly develop. Here, you’ll be channeling all your sales skills and experience into one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description SummaryBD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers improve outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care. bd.com
We are seeking National Systems Lab Automation Specialist that will work closely with field associates and other internal teams, including Global Engineering, Product Management and Sales, to ensure continued success of this product.
The BD Technical Services organization delivers innovative, high-quality support and services to our customers through empowered and highly skilled teams. As a trusted partner, we help our customers to improve patient outcomes every day.
This position will work closely in a team setting of subject matter authorities providing second tier on-site or remote technical assistance to Field Specialists and customers for the Kiestra Lab Automation platform. To ensure success in providing comprehensive systems support, knowledge of IT/computer and/or related applications are required, in addition to engineering acumen. After-hours and planned weekend coverage will also be required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Efficiently works in a (project) team setting to provide timely, high quality on-site support to BD customers. This support includes installation management, pre-install visits, instrument installations, technical training, instrument stabilization, connectivity, critical issues etc.
- Promotes a safe working environment and ensures compliance with applicable policies and procedures
- Guides the team to ensure compliance with all administrative responsibilities
- Establishes and nurtures relationships to improve customer experiences and business performance
- Works with management to motivate change initiatives to improve efficiencies and execute on business commitments
- Implements Installation Planning and Installation Management processes to ensure the project is well-organized and timely per the customer expectations
- Support field upgrades, relocations, removal of equipment and trade show installations
- Support previously installed automation systems as needed
- Adherence to Quality Policies and Departmental Standard Operation Procedures
- Support the Project Managers in the development of project plans and project schedules
- Must enforce to all Safety compliance requirements (internal/external)
- Partners with Automation Project Managers and help promote a positive customer experience
- Takes ownership of the end-to-end installation process and raises risks or delays where required
- Focuses on completing service installation reporting to ensure Continuous Improvement
- Provides constructive feedback on automation processes, documentation and procedures for Continuous Improvement
- Deliver On-The-Job training, guidance and mentorship to Lab Automation team members
- Proven leadership, motivational and interpersonal skills with a proven track record of accomplishments in cross-functional projects/teams/programs
- Ability to work professionally with all levels of internal/external organizations
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills; including effective internal and external communications and crisis/conflict resolution skills
- Consistent professionalism in customer, cross-team/functional interactions with high concern for customer needs and expectations
- Willing and able to travel up to 90%
- Must be able to lift up to 30lbs frequently and up to 70lbs infrequently
- Must be able to handle bending and stooping over a prolonged period of time (up to 10 hours)
- Must be able to handle prolonged periods of standing (up to 10 hours per day)
- Must be able to push/pull materials up to 100lbs
- Must wear all PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) required by company guidelines
Education and Experience – required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics/Computers/Biomedical Engineering is preferred.
- Three to five years of service experience in the troubleshooting and repair of electronic systems
- Requires a solid understanding of mechanics, pneumatics, electronics, electro-mechanical devices and IT networking infrastructure.
Education and Experience – preferred:
- Previous Lab automation experience preferred
- Knowledge of or experience with Project Management
- Continuous Improvement foundation (i.e. Lean and Six Sigma) is helpful
- Solid understanding and experience of IT systems and networking set up and troubleshooting
- Demonstrated ability to function optimally in customer facing environment
- Previous experience with leading sophisticated projects and assigned tasks independently with minimal direction
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
This position can be located anywhere in the USA (as long as candidate is near major airport).
Come Join Us!
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally hardworking and committed to encouraging an inclusive, growth-centered, and exciting culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is crafted to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
BD values equity in the workplace without discrimination for any disability, class, ethnicity, age, religion, gender identity or sexual orientation
To learn more about BD visit https://bd.com/careers
Becton Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA MD - Sparks - 7 Loveton Circle
Work ShiftNA (United States of America)
What makes a successful Sales Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
I’m proud to work at BDI Surgery and BD because the work we do every day optimizes surgical outcomes and enhances patients’ lives.
VP Sales & Commercial Excellence
Every day we focus on bringing innovative solutions to patients living with diabetes. The patient is at the heart of everything we do.
VP Marketing and Commercial Excellence
Getting our customers the right information on time so they can focus on their science and diagnostics needs is why I come to work every day.
Vice President Global Marketing