Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll help us share our innovative solutions with more clinics, physicians, pharmacies and medical entities which will in turn benefit the health and well-being of people and patients all over the nation. It’s an exciting, challenging and rewarding role, but you’ll be working from a place of strength thanks to our trusted name, and the belief in our products that you’ll quickly develop. Here, you’ll be channeling all your sales skills and experience into one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description SummaryField Service Technician for BD Pyxis Dispensing Devices accountable for independently providing efficient and effective field service support to all BD dispensing customers within a given territory in a timely manner, including, but not limited to repair, preventative maintenance, calibration, installations, and cross functional support for Sales and Implementation teams.
***Ideal candidate will be located within an hour of Harlan, KY and/or Pikeville, KY***
The BD family is seeking responsible and committed people to join our team of professional Field Service Technicians for BD Pyxis Dispensing Cabinets. The BD Pyxis brand combines proven technology with actionable intelligence to prevent medication errors, help free up clinician time to focus on patient care, increase the predictability of medication availability and reduce inefficiencies in the medication use process. At almost every point in the medication use process, safety and efficiency can be increased with the comprehensive capabilities of the Pyxis medication management system. Learn more at:
Our goal is to deliver an excellent service experience so interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills are a must. Additionally, the Field Service Technician is responsible for collaborating with cross-functional teams within our Global Customer Support organization to understand and be sensitive to our customer and business needs from end to end.
At BD, our values are simple….
• We do what is right
• We thrive on innovation and demand quality
• We are all accountable
• We learn and improve every day
• We help each other be great
With more than a century of experience and our global reach, BD leads in patient and healthcare worker safety and the technologies that enable medical research and clinical laboratories.
Our quality policy is straightforward….”We will consistently provide superior products and services in pursuit of our purpose of advancing the world of health. This will be achieved through customer focused continuous improvement and by maintaining an effective quality system which complies with regulatory requirements." Tom Polen, President and Chief Executive Officer.
The Field Service Technician is a home-office based position with daily travel to our customer locations within the assigned territory. Ideal candidates will reside within a 30-mile radius of where the position is based. Company vehicle provided. 5% overnight travel possible and a valid driver’s license is required.
The Level 2 Field Service Technician (FST) is accountable for:
- The BD Pyxis Field Service Technician will provide remote and on-site technical support for BD Pyxis automated dispensing systems located within hospitals and other healthcare facilities within the region and in accordance with our customer support agreements. He or she will service and resolve issues regarding proprietary hardware and software system components and will be capable of fully supporting all products within the region. He or she will also execute a preventative maintenance program, provide documentation of technical issues of all applicable Pyxis systems, provide limited cross-functional support for our Sales and Implementation teams, and other support activities as applicable to the role.
- Must be able to work independently and also work together in a team environment
- Will maintain proper and accurate small parts inventory for the purpose of service, and follow approved policies and procedures for Inventory Controls.
- Will provide accurate and timely documentation that details field activity, expenses, time distribution and other information as required.
- Will continue training and self-development to maintain and advance skillsets to support the products and applications of the Company for success in the role. He or she will also attend management approved seminars and training sessions as required and strive to develop in areas of growth and leadership to advance to the next level in 3-5 years.
- Will maintain company assets (car, tools and inventories) securely and in working order.
- Will obtain and possess a working knowledge of corporate and organizational procedures and policies, including customer complaint handling and Medical Device Reporting.
- Associate Degree or a minimum of 3-5 years of related work experience
- 3-5 years of combination Hardware/Software/IT experience supporting both proprietary and standard applications
- 24x7 on-call experience in a customer-facing environment, a plus
- Excellent mechanical, computer and time management skills required
- Medical device or electromechanical device service/repair experience, a plus
- Computer electronics, Windows OS, Server OS experience, a plus
- Prior experience working as a hospital pharmacy technician or in a hospital Bio-Med environment, a plus
- Prior military Bio-Med experience, a plus
- Prior Automated Teller Machine (ATM) experience, a plus
- Must possess ability to troubleshoot hardware and software problems
- Must be able to work independently and also as part of a team
- Must be able to work within defined process procedures or methodologies with minimal degree of supervision
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and meet BD's auto safety standards.
- Upon hire, must provide proof of and maintain current immunizations and obtain additional immunizations appropriate for the facility which enables access to customer sites in order to perform essential job functions. Proofs must include: Hepatitis B, Influenza (current year), MMR (mumps, measles, rubella), Varicella (chicken pox) Annual TB/PPD (skin test), Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis.
- Weight lifting requirement 70lbs
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Diego Bldg A&B
What makes a successful Sales Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
I’m proud to work at BDI Surgery and BD because the work we do every day optimizes surgical outcomes and enhances patients’ lives.
VP Sales & Commercial Excellence
Every day we focus on bringing innovative solutions to patients living with diabetes. The patient is at the heart of everything we do.
VP Marketing and Commercial Excellence
Getting our customers the right information on time so they can focus on their science and diagnostics needs is why I come to work every day.
Vice President Global Marketing