Associate Director- Governance and Infrastructure Reporting
Job Description SummaryThe Associate Director of Governance and Infrastructure Reporting will require a strong hands-on infrastructure governance strategy & management background and expert understanding of best practices as they relate to BD for governance strategy, technology / security, and data analytics approaches. The core focus of the role is within the infrastructure services space with the ability to partner across the other infrastructure towers: service delivery, data center, networking, service management and partner in the security space. In this highly visible role, you will partner with stakeholders across the organization to understand priorities and drive execution of business initiatives throughout TGS. The ideal individual is a versatilist in the technology space and will lead the design, implementation, management, and communication of our infrastructure governance and analytics approach, ensuring we are a measurable organization delivering world class service. The analytics and reporting will be specific to the infrastructure services we deliver to the larger organization. Must have a strong understanding of IT operations support and balance day to day with the longer-term strategic goals for TGS.
- Develop TGS governance policies and dashboards, based on collaboration within TGS and aligned with overall goals of the organization & focused on the established infrastructure roadmap
- Develop dashboard view as it relates to the operations and services for TGS and key contributor in helping drive the measurability for infrastructure planning and engineering team
- Ensure infrastructure dashboard reporting are consistent, accurate and can be used throughout TGS
- Define, develop and manage governance for the infrastructure landscape, modeling & design, procurement, storage, security, integration & interoperability, business intelligence, profiling, and meta data
- Act in the capacity of a chief of staff for the team in terms of delivery and accountability for global infrastructure projects, enhancements and day to day delivery with our core strategic partners
- Direct implementation of current infrastructure tools and processes for effective enterprise-wide sharing and use of data: automation of machine learning to tag data and alert business units to new relevant data; analytics to monitor data usage, quality, and compliance; cataloging, privacy, visualization, and modeling tools
- Ensure third party infrastructure solutions support enterprise standards for integration with BD’s Technology or drive the process for new standards development and adoption
- Develop and manage capital and operating budgets and expenses for all TGS governance and analytic reporting driven efforts
- Evaluate and recommend vendors and capital requests including identifying required business outcomes
- Review RCA’s, focus on overall process improvements and simplification within our Infrastructure landscape
- Partner to modernize infrastructure maintenance calendar and change control processes
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Information Systems/Computer Science or a related discipline.
- 12+ years related experience preferred or 10+ years of direct work experience in IT Infrastructure, data center, networking, service management / delivery, vendor and SLA management
- Proven track record of understanding business challenges and translating them into value-add and technically capable end solutions
- Strong experience in IT vendor relationships and negotiation
- A strong working knowledge and point of view on the evolving concepts and practices in infrastructure governance management
- Strong analytical and problem- solving skills balanced with excellent oral and written communication skills as well
- Experience with implementation of IT governance best practices that drive meaningful improvements in the business value of data at an enterprise level
- Understanding of delivery methodology and the leadership of teams through implementation of the solutions according to design/architecture specifications
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills including demonstrated ability to condense data in order to synthesize crisp and easily understandable deliverables.
- ITIL and Six Sigma certification
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Information Systems/Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Demonstrated track record of building and maintaining highly collaborative, flexible, and productive work teams.
- Previous experience leading global implementation projects, including project planning and project management skills.
- Proven experience in business planning, resource allocation and project management.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA NJ - Franklin Lakes
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ