Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll help us share our innovative solutions with more clinics, physicians, pharmacies and medical entities which will in turn benefit the health and well-being of people and patients all over the nation. It’s an exciting, challenging and rewarding role, but you’ll be working from a place of strength thanks to our trusted name, and the belief in our products that you’ll quickly develop. Here, you’ll be channeling all your sales skills and experience into one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description SummaryThe Associate Director of Business Analytics & Commercial Operations is responsible for streamlining operations, processes, systems and analytics across the IDS Business Unit in the US Region. The leader is responsible for a team of 5 Associates who manage the day-to-day analytical and insight generation needs of the business pursuant of our business objectives. This includes, but is not limited to; long-term forecasting and modelling, analytical outputs to support annual budgeting and quarterly projection, supply chain analytics, pricing analytics, scenario planning, modelling of new product adoption, product lifecycle analytics, omnichannel/digital marketing analytics, marketing automation support & analytics, channel and tactical optimization, segmentation and targeting analytics and salesforce effectiveness. The role will lead the production and management of all necessary KDG dashboards and periodic reporting data packages, inclusive of KPI monitoring and reporting aligned to the specific business objectives of each Business Group. This includes establishing and tracking leading and lagging indicators of business performance to assist strategic planning, the management of tactical execution and decision making.
The Associate will be a strong team leader and player/coach, who is able to develop high performing teams and work effectively to support the needs of multiple functions in the IDS US team. They will be agile, and action orientated, but equally focused on attention to detail and accuracy. The ideal candidate will have experience of working in a downstream commercial team, supporting commercial operations. They will also be strong in insight generation – helping teams and Associates to process and understand data to generate actionable insights that directly impact business performance.
- Develop a high performing team through coaching, mentoring and advancement opportunities to the team members
- Support and enhance demand forecasting and revenue projections – ASR, annual budgeting, quarterly projections, monthly SIOP and monthly sales performance analysis
- Support the bottoms-up forecasting of new products at all stages of the new product development process, including environmental analysis to support opportunity assessment
- Support all analytical needs related to competitive scenario planning
- Track and report syndicated data to support business planning and business operations
- Maintain databases of competitive and market intelligence to support business operations
- Produce all periodic dashboards, tracking leading and lagging indicators to support the regional (directly) and global (indirectly) KDG management process
- Lead and collaborate cross-functionally to improve and deploy market dashboard reporting and analytics framework and tools. Support continued opportunity and performance analysis across all IDS categories
- Support the channel management process, inclusive of DIOH analysis and reporting, tracking of incentives and business impact, analysis of channel marketing programs, and analysis of channel projection strategies and ROI
- Perform complex and custom analysis to support the development of pricing and contracting strategies. Analyze price trends and price impact as well as profitability assessments across all customer segments
- Provide actionable insights to the business related to customer buying trends across GPOs, NRLs and Alternate Sites, both contracted and non-contracted sales
- Support the assessment of marketing program, including marketing automation, and salesforce effectiveness
- Support the development of total cost of ownership/usage models and HEOR models
- Work closely with the commercial team to develop insights leading to profitable growth – support all analytical requirements in the development of growth accelerator scenarios
- Drive organizational and operational excellence at scale across IDS Commercial Operations
- Enhance Sales Effectiveness and Sales Productivity through continued championship and support of Salesforce Technology (SFDC) and associated processes
- Identify and advance opportunities to improve marketing effectiveness and efficiency; create compelling proposals and drive change management
- Support the effort to streamline contract related processes
- Work cross functionally with IT, Commercial Operations and sales teams to identify opportunities to optimize data structures or processes to improve marketing and sales productivity
- Manage the IDS Marketing systems portfolio and software development enhancements to align with enterprise and industry practices
- Manage execution of strategic programs and projects as needed
- Provide accurate/timely data in a usable/automated format to visualize trends relative to strategy
- Provide Ad-hoc reporting to the marketing and sales functions, and key business partners
- Potential to travel ~10-15%
- Requires a BSc degree in a related scientific field; advanced degree/MBA preferred;
- 12+ years of progressive and combined healthcare industry experience in the areas of Sales & Marketing Operations, Data Management & Analytics, Software Development, Process Improvement & Program Management
- Experience with defining and executing on data and analytics road map
- Experience with data visualization tools including Tableau and advanced analytics tools including SAS, R and Machine Learning concepts
- Experience in Agile Scrum delivery methodology and SDLC processes
- Advance working knowledge in Excel, Database (i.e. Access, SQL, Oracle) & Data Mining tools
- Proficient in SAP BI/BW & Qlikview in the context of Reporting
- Proficient in analytic and quantitative modeling (e.g., in Excel, SAS, or other tools)
- Experience in managing commercial systems portfolio including marketing databases
- Demonstrated success in developing strong working relationships
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and implementation skills; proven analytical skills with the ability to translate data into actionable plans
- Demonstrated success in the ability to lead others as well as lead projects
- Motivated, execution-oriented, high-performance individual with strong process and organizational capabilities
Primary Work LocationUSA MD - Sparks - 39 Loveton Circle
Additional LocationsUSA NJ - Franklin Lakes
What makes a successful Sales Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
I’m proud to work at BDI Surgery and BD because the work we do every day optimizes surgical outcomes and enhances patients’ lives.
VP Sales & Commercial Excellence
Every day we focus on bringing innovative solutions to patients living with diabetes. The patient is at the heart of everything we do.
VP Marketing and Commercial Excellence
Getting our customers the right information on time so they can focus on their science and diagnostics needs is why I come to work every day.
Vice President Global Marketing