Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll help us maintain our high standards from a regulatory perspective at all levels, with a keen focus on submissions. It requires acute attention to detail, excellent communication skills and a passion to keep learning and updating your knowledge, which we’ll help you do with regular learning opportunities. Here, you’ll use your in-depth knowledge of FDA, Canadian and ISO/MDD regulations and requirements surrounding medical devices to ultimately achieve a singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description Summary
Associate Director, Regulatory Affairs is responsible for the creating and executing regulatory strategies and objectives in alignment with business needs. This includes the preparation of regulatory submissions required to market new or modified medical devices in both the U.S. and Europe and related regulatory affairs activities, such as development, execution and management of procedures and systems designed to ensure that the product development process, including clinical studies, addresses all regulatory requirements as well as the objectives of the business.
1. Provides regulatory leadership to assigned product development program teams providing regulatory guidance throughout the product development cycle and coordinating team inputs for regulatory submissions.
2. Works with business leadership to ensure alignment of global regulatory strategies with business objectives and implementation of the strategic plans
3. Assesses regulatory pathways for new products and product modifications; develops regulatory strategies and tactical plans for submissions to international regulatory bodies
4. Prepares, or directs the preparation of, global regulatory submissions
5. Identifies and communicates potential risks and mitigations associated with reg. strategies
6. Coordinates interactions/negotiations with U.S. regulatory agencies and Notified Bodies;
7. Participates in public policy and advocacy efforts relevant to assigned products and platforms
8. Participates in internal/external trade, professional, and standards development organizations
9. Reviews and approves labels, labeling, and promotional materials
10. Reviews clinical protocols to assure collection of appropriate data for regulatory submissions and regulatory compliance.
11. Monitors worldwide regulatory developments (standards, guidance documents) and communicates emerging opportunities/concerns impacting BU products.
12. Carry out the above tasks with no supervision.
Experience and Education:
B.S. or B.A. degree in a technical discipline (e.g., engineering, biology, chemistry). Advanced degree preferred.
Minimum five years of directly related professional experience (Regulatory) in increasingly responsible positions in the medical device, biologic, or pharmaceutical fields
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Experience with Software and digitally connected devices
Demonstrated project management, negotiation, and communication (written and oral) skills. Demonstrated global perspective, customer focus, cross-functional collaboration and teamwork skills.
Demonstrated global perspective, customer focus, cross-functional collaboration and Experience with Medical devices and in vitro diagnostics preferred.
Demonstrated ability to resolve problems and to make appropriate regulatory decisions under pressure.
Experience in negotiating with FDA personnel in the device (CDRH) and biologics (CBER) areas.
Demonstrated success in the preparation and completion (including negotiations) of regulatory submissions (PMA, 510(k), IDE) to FDA and other regulatory agencies.
RAPS Certification and/or ASQ certification in Auditing.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA NJ - Franklin Lakes
What makes a successful Regulatory Affairs Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Skilled presenter
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
At BD, we are committed to global inclusion and diversity. Increased inclusion and diversity drives innovation, allows us to better understand patient and customer needs, and ultimately makes BD the best possible place for all associates to thrive.
Staff Regulatory Affairs Specialist
I love working with high powered leaders on a day to day basis who are respectful to my opinion and who I was never exposed to in my past job.
Global Regulatory Operations Labeling Specialist
I have been trusted in my ability to lead exciting and challenging projects with excellent upper management support. This in-turn has allowed me to grow and expand my regulatory knowledge that I believe will lay as a foundation to build my Regulatory career on.
Nikita A Mahendra Kumar
Senior Regulatory Affairs Specialist