Associate Director, Solution Assurance
Job Description Summary
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
BD is hiring an Associate Director, Solution Assurance in Sparks, MD! The successful leader in this position is accountable for leading all aspects of the efforts of about 20 BD associates and contractors responsible for the development of critical initiatives for the business including informatics solutions for automated clinical microbiology solutions, molecular biology instrumentation, specimen collection dashboards and enterprise analytics. The platforms supported within this position’s span a sophisticated set of hardware, software, informatics and microbiology and molecular biology workflows and informatics requirements that require a solutions-based approach to intra program coordination. This role is charged with comprehensively testing solution workflows and analytics requirements to enable product development teams to deliver workflows to customers. This position will demonstrate the ability to integrate across various technical, organizational, and geographical/cultural boundaries.
In this role you will be responsible for:
Provide leadership, optimal staffing, and overall management of R&D solution testers at our Sparks, MD, site, while also providing mentorship and guidance to assurance teams at our Drachten, Netherlands, and Limerick, Ireland sites. Recruit/Select outstanding talent that excel in testing solution workflows for new product development teams, and complete hiring activities as required.
- Provide and drive system/solution level thinking and end customer point of view into the organization.
- Work closely with product teams to provide cohesive customer experience across various solutions.
- Build and execute capability/capacity and organizational alignment plans and actions to effectively coordinate the R&D solution assurance team as project and technology needs arise and change over time.
- Proactively identify customer, technologies and/or market trends in lab automation, diagnostic medical equipment, and informatics. Must be agile in redirecting R&D efforts to generate business value. Serves as a consultant to management on technology trends and risks.
- Interpret and coordinate policies, processes and procedures related to integrated solution technology development and delivery
- Ensure compliance to applicable site quality and regulatory systems and requirements.
To be successful in this role, you should be able to demonstrate:
Education and experience:
B.S. in Engineering or Life Sciences. M.S in Engineering Management preferred. Minimum of ten years relevant experience with at least five years of applicable experience in R&D management at a suitable leadership level with strong people development and delegation skills.
- Experience with software analysis and assurance required
- Experience with in vitro diagnostic solution testing and troubleshooting required.
- Experience with workflow testing.
- Experience with training, mentoring and teaching in a highly technical environment
- Direct experience working within large software project teams, preferably extensive experience with laboratory middleware software development
Knowledge and skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills are essential
- Displays highly motivated inner drive and a can-do spirit
- Demonstrated capability as member of project team and leader of a project team
- Proven capability with project management methodologies and tools.
- Knowledge of SAFe, Agile and Phase Gate development processes.
- Solution Engineering experience preferred.
- Shown experience of laboratory automation equipment, Micro/Molecular diagnostics instrumentation, and informatics, preferred.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Why join us?
A career at BD means that you are part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here you can fulfill your life’s purpose through the work that you do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
Primary Work LocationUSA MD - Sparks - 7 Loveton Circle
Additional LocationsUSA NJ - Franklin Lakes
Work ShiftUS BD 830am-5pm FLakes Core Hours (United States of America)
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ