IT Business Partner – Workplace & Shared Services
Job Description SummaryThe role of the IT Business Partner – Workplace & Shared Services is to serve as the person responsible for analyzing demand as well as the delivery of Technology & Global Services (TGS) solutions for the TGS Workplace & Shared Services and Functional Excellence organizations. This individual will serve as a point person and will work with a team of business partners and team members from the TGS-Core Areas of Delivery and Functional Excellence organizations to conduct analysis, prepare appropriate solution direction and deliver the work. Above all, this individual will be required to collaborate with internal and external experts to ensure that TGS priorities are shaped, prioritized, and delivered. This is a great opportunity for someone to facilitate bringing the appropriate technology, process, and workplace solutions together as they contribute to the TGS agenda.
The role of the ITBusiness Partner – Workplace & Shared Services is to serve as the person responsible for analyzing demand as well as the delivery of Technology & Global Services (TGS) solutions for the TGS Workplace & Shared Services and Functional Excellenceorganizations. This individual will serve as a point person and will work with a team of business partners and team members from the TGS-Core Areas of Delivery and Functional Excellence organizations to conduct analysis, prepare appropriate solution direction and deliver the work. Above all, this individual will be required to collaborate with internal and external experts to ensure that TGS priorities are shaped, prioritized, and delivered.This is a great opportunity for someone to facilitate bringing the appropriate technology, process, and workplace solutions together as they contribute to the TGSagenda.
This position reports directly to theDirector, Central Teams Business Partner - TGSand will serve on the TGS Business Partner team.
The objective of this role is to actively partner withTGS – Workplace & Shared Services and Functional Excellence Leaders and the TGS Business Partner teamto understand strategic priorities and work to identify ways that TGS can support and advance those objectives. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Develop a deep knowledge of the TGS – Workplace & Shared Services and Functional Excellence Strategies and Platforms including short- and long-term road maps, introduction of new technologies and processes and key projects and personnel
- Establish and earn value-adding, strategic partner relationship maturity for yourself and for the entire TGS function
- Partner with TGS Workplace & Shared Service and Functional Excellence to plan new joint initiatives, evaluate proposals, and determine how they fit into road maps and priorities
- Work with other TGS business partner teams and external partner teams to define, document, analyze and prioritize existing and emerging business requirements
- Execute highly integrated, complex projects/improvements/deliverables needed to implement technology, processes or services to meet business requirements including the documentation, testing and implementation
- Manage and facilitate TGS’ partner teams to ensure delivery provides the desired outcomes
- Work with other TGS Business Partners and TGS’ Core Areas of Delivery to ensure that solutions are not siloed and that they are informed by, and are integrated with, BD’s enterprise roadmaps
- Execute projects and report progress, including consistent and effective communication, change management impact analysis, readiness and effectiveness, cut-over and go-live support. This includes managing escalation and mitigating risk
- Measure and communicate value realized on a periodic basis through defined and agreed upon metrics and supporting analysis
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will bring a combination of strategic understanding, both business and technology experience, exceptional relationship building skills and solution-oriented mindset together.
In addition, this person should also possess:
- 6+ years of experience in a business including work in more than one of the following technologies, processes, and service areas:
- Shared Service Center Operations and Analytics
- Business Process Analysis and CI, Master Data & Process Governance
- Facilities Management including those technologies supporting physical security and physical asset management.
- Experience in the following other areas is also desired:
- SAP/ERP, Enterprise platforms supporting major business functions, Business Intelligence and Data Analytics, Automation, EDI and Middleware
- Infrastructure Operations, Information Security, Collaboration Platforms, Service Management, and User Experience
- Experience in a regulated systems environment preferred
- Advanced Proficiency in system development life cycle documentation, testing and release cycle protocols including business requirements documentation, test scenarios/data/execution, cut-over, hypercare, project planning and status reporting
- Advanced proficiency in project management basics: charter, business case development, project management plan and schedule, stakeholder management, communication planning, risk/issue management, status reporting and running team calls
- Ability to influence and break down silos within an organization as well across organizations
- Ability to map joint organizational vision and long-term thinking, imagination, and idea generation
- Ability to communicate complex business / technical challenges in a simplified manner
- Must be a leader who can influence stakeholders in written and oral communications
- Must have experience and knowledge of change management principles and methodologies and have the ability to formulate new programs to generate excitement and engagement
- Familiarity with continuous improvement and project management approaches, tools, and phases
- Exceptional ability to lead change using positive and collaborative methods
- Highly collaborative work style which includes working effectively across all organizational levels
- Experience working in a highly matrixed organization and in overcoming ambiguity
- Leading by example, mentoring, and motivating others all around you
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent judgment and decision-making
- Able to align and work with diverse global stakeholders
- Strong humility, listening, creativity, and negotiation skills
- Accept ownership
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field is strongly preferred.
- Master’s degree highly desirable.
- Educational certificate or training in a process methodology is a plus.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA NJ - Franklin Lakes
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ