Clinical & Human Factors Program LeaderApply Now Job ID R-331451 Date posted 03/07/2019
Job Description Summary
The Clinical & Human Factors Program Leader (CHF-PL) is an integral position within the BDM-PS Clinical Development & Human Factors group within the Medical Affairs Department of BD Pharmaceutical Systems.
The CHF-PL has responsibility for generation of evidence supporting claims for BDM-PS products.
He/she is responsible for developing, supervising, executing and reporting of studies (clinical trials and Human factors studies in compliance with BD policies and procedures, to contribute to Medical Devices development. Participate in core teams to represent Medical Affairs in development phases when a study is in preparation.
Responsibilities for managing studies for the allocated products under development includes the following:
- Writing and updating the Clinical Development Plan (CDP)
- Contributing to task analysis, use FMEA, IFU building and validation
- Contributing to developing evaluation of BD products (methods and capabilities) to assess end-users acceptance, preference and willingness to adopt the medical device
- Establishing an appropriate budget and timeline for the study with input from the corresponding project core team
- Establishing investigational products specifications for HF studies in collaboration with R&D and the Laboratory (externally or internally) and supervising the preparation of the corresponding products on time and in compliance with defined budget
- Writing/reviewing study documents, as needed such as protocol, CRF, consent form, session guide, database, clinical study report
- Completing final study report and closing of study file, contributing to publication writing
Clinical studies may range from simulated use studies (employing a patient or health care worker to use the device in a simulated environment; e.g. Human Factor studies) to complex studies in human subjects that may include drug/device combinations.
Represents Medical Affairs in several core teams dedicated to new product development, sustaining engineering and innovation.
- Prepares and delivers presentations covering relevant Medical Affairs information (functional capabilities and clinical and HF study data) to customers during TC and face to face customer meetings.
It is expected that the CHF-PL acts as a leader of the Medical Affairs department, and mentors other individuals formally or informally. The CHF-PL is expected to set an example with respect to work ethic, maturity, and adherence to Regulations and Guidelines, industry best practices, and BD guiding principles.
Up to 15% domestic and international travel may be required.
- BS Engineering background is required (Biomedical Engineering preferred)
- Masters or PhD in Human Factors, Biological Sciences, or PharmD a plus
- 2+ years of experience performing Human Factors Studies, within the Pharmaceutical or the Medical device industry, with good understanding and knowledge of Medical device environment (including design control) is a must.
Knowledge and Skills:
The candidate should be an expert in study design and protocol development, and should be capable of critically evaluating protocols and have the ability to identify potential issues with the study design or implementation plan that might confound the results; he/she should also be conversant with statistical methods (understanding of main statistical methods used in C&HF trial analyses).
The successful candidate should have demonstrated ability in project management, particularly in effectively managing programs across reporting lines and:
- Acquire quickly an advanced knowledge of BD products and specific legislations (e.g. in the context of medical devices and Human Factors environment)
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to perform well in a highly matrixed environment, and serve as an effective member of highly functioning multidisciplinary teams
- Demonstrate fluency in written and verbal English, be highly organized, dynamic, confident, energetic, creative, pro-active, and open to new experiences and ideas. Ability to communicate and work with global teams. Fluency in French is a plus.
- Demonstrate proficiency in using Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Microsoft project.
Primary Work LocationUSA NJ - Franklin Lakes
Similar Job Openings Nearby
Join our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about career opportunities, news and events.Sign up
Find Your Role
Select a job category, location or group to view its corresponding jobs.
Jobs By Category
- Accounting Jobs
- Administrative Jobs
- Application Development Jobs
- Bio Technology Jobs
- Business Development - M&A Jobs
- Communications and Public Relations Jobs
- Customer Service Jobs
- Customer Support Jobs
- Drafting Engineering Jobs
- eCommerce Jobs
- EHS Jobs
- Engineering Jobs
- Ethics & Compliance Jobs
- Facilities Maintenance Jobs
- Field Service Engineer Jobs
- Finance Jobs
- Financial Systems Jobs
- HEOR Jobs
- Human Resources Jobs
- Information Technology Jobs
- Machine Operator Jobs
- Manufacturing Jobs
- Manufacturing Engineering Jobs
- Marketing Jobs
- Medical Affairs Jobs
- Other Engineering Jobs
- Procurement Jobs
- Product Engineer Jobs
- Product Stewardship Jobs
- Production Jobs
- Professional Services Jobs
- Project Management Jobs
- Public Affairs Jobs
- Purchasing Jobs
- Quality Jobs
- Quality Engineer Jobs
- Quality Intern Jobs
- R&D Intern Jobs
- Regulatory Affairs Jobs
- Research and Development Jobs
- Sales Jobs
- Sales & Marketing Management Jobs
- Sales Intern Jobs
- Software Engineer Jobs
- Supply Chain Jobs
- Systems Engineering Jobs
- Technical Writing Jobs
- UX/UI Jobs
Jobs by Category + Location
- New Jersey Machine Operator Jobs
- New Jersey Sales Jobs
- New Jersey Manufacturing Jobs
- New Jersey Production Jobs
- New Jersey Marketing Jobs
- New Jersey Bio Technology Jobs
- New Jersey Product Engineer Jobs
- New Jersey Quality Jobs
- New Jersey Quality Engineer Jobs
- New Jersey Supply Chain Jobs
- New Jersey Engineering Jobs
- New Jersey Customer Support Jobs
- New Jersey Professional Services Jobs
- New Jersey Manufacturing Engineering Jobs
- New Jersey Project Management Jobs
- New Jersey Regulatory Affairs Jobs
- New Jersey Software Engineer Jobs
- New Jersey Facilities Maintenance Jobs
- New Jersey Research and Development Jobs
- New Jersey Finance Jobs
- New Jersey Medical Affairs Jobs
- New Jersey Administrative Jobs
- New Jersey Information Technology Jobs
- New Jersey Accounting Jobs
- New Jersey EHS Jobs
- New Jersey Systems Engineering Jobs
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
All applicants should complete the on-line application process. BD is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or an accommodation because of a disability to participate in the application process, please call 855-BD-HELPS (855-234-3577) or email email@example.com