Cross-Business Unit Lead, Health Economics and Outcomes Research
Job Description Summary
The Cross-BU HEOR Lead is responsible for driving agile planning and execution of HEOR strategies across multiple BUs through in-BU talent and collaboration with central and regional teams. This leadership role is accountable for delivering comprehensive HEOR strategies for priority new product development (NPD) programs; two-way collaboration between target markets and BUs; functional progress against the commercial excellence and NPD process; annual operating plans for segments inclusive of agile resourcing support and BU to region handoffs. This Cross-BU role will work directly with the HEOR Functional Lead and BU and Segment Leadership teams to inform strategic planning and drive functional excellence in BD. BD Pharmaceutical Systems (BD-PS) will be one of the accountabilities for this role.
BD-PSis a drug delivery partner of choice for the pharmaceutical industry. With innovative prefillable syringes, self-injection systems and needle technologies, BD-PS offers an extensive portfolio of solutions designed to protect, package and deliver drug therapies.
As a contributor to this business, the HEOR lead will have the unique opportunity to play a vital role in a dynamic business that will be a key contributor to BD’s future growth. The BD-PS mission is to have a significant impact in improving how patients receive injectable drug therapy. The HEOR lead supporting this business will be exposed to the agility and creativity of a high-growth environment while benefiting from the backing and resources of a Fortune 500 company.
- Responsible for delivering and executing against HEOR strategies for a portfolio of BD technologies within a segment/multiple BUs
- Ensure HEOR presence and participation in evidence generation planning for priority new product development, providing strategic input for ASR, evidence generation councils, and Integrated Medical Plans (IMP)
- Be a core member for commercial excellence reviews to ensure that HEOR is appropriately incorporated into commercialization initiatives
- Ensure successful integration of HEOR strategy in broader commercial budgeting and planning for both priority NPD as well as in line products
- Provide guidance and talent development to BU level HEOR leaders, as well as assistance in resource securement, through ASR, Operations team etc., while leaning in to fill talent gaps intermittently.
- Influence BU and Regional ASRs
- Support regions in development of cross-BU value offers and lead HEOR and commercialization strategies within the segment and relative to enterprise goals
- Support product value and evidence through collaborations with BU HEOR, Real World Analytics, NPD Agile Team, reimbursement, policy, medical/scientific affairs, and marketing, activities may include:
- Reimbursement/Policy: reimbursement submissions, payment issues, policy statements, HTA submissions if applicable to the portfolio
- Medical/Scientific Affairs: clinical study development support and execution, publication plan
- R&D: HEOR strategy for priority new product development value creation. Provide guidance and mentorship for new product development teams to ensure strategy and business impact are clearly articulated in clinical trials and strategic plans throughout the product development process
- Marketing: market assessment, value story development
- Real World Analytics: Plan, budget and ensure timely delivery of appropriate retrospective database analytics to support high priority ASR projects/priority NPD programs
- Aggregate and validate tactical HEOR plans for NPD Agile Team execution
- Ensure appropriate research design, project management, analysis, interpretation, and dissemination of HEOR evidence and communication of HEOR key values in clinical development.
- Build and maintain KOL network with BU HEOR lead to support insights, evidence generation research, value story, and value communication tool development and validation
- Represent HEOR function in enterprise level programs
- Work with Global VP of HEOR to drive and support functional growth and impact, by identifying opportunities to improve business processes
Qualifications and Background
- Candidate demonstrates mastery of multiple areas of leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to lead functional direction of BD HEOR in the segments they support, influence, and collaborate with peers to drive key business objectives, develop medium term operating plans for the segment, drive HEOR ASRs, develop, and coach associates, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
- Doctoral degree (PhD or PharmD, or MD/DO) in related field with 10+ years of experience conducting HEOR research (Related fields include: Health Services Research, Health Economics / Economics, Psychometrics, Health Policy, Outcomes Research, and Pharmacy Administration) or MPH, RN, and RPh degrees with 13+ years of research in multiple therapeutic areas with a minimum of 5 years of HEOR experience. Device/diagnostics experience required.
- Demonstrated contribution to the field through publications and participation in the external HEOR community
- Has substantial technical knowledge and extensive experience of planning and delivering HEOR programs, particularly launch deliverables, economic modelling and RWD studies
- Has a record of owning functional operating plans while contributing to the development and evolution of business strategy
- Has wide professional networks and established reputation within external HEOR community
- Has wide experience and knowledge of the external OR/Clinical/Regulatory/ Reimbursement environment
Primary Work LocationUSA NJ - Franklin Lakes
Additional LocationsUSA CA - San Diego Bldg A&B
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ