Cybersecurity Officer, North America
Job Description SummaryBD is looking for cybersecurity professionals that share our passion for protecting the world of health. We encourage applicants with strong business experience and skills that are interested in healthcare cybersecurity. The Cybersecurity Officer will be responsible for improving the security of the BD environment, products and supply chain across North America by design, in use and through partnership. The Cybersecurity Officer, North America will report into the Director of Information Security Regions.
The Cybersecurity Officer, North America is responsible for promoting cybersecurity at the regional level for both internal and external stakeholders across Product, Enterprise IT and Manufacturing Security environments. The role includes working proactively across to engage internal and external partners on cybersecurity. BD highly encourages applicants that are dedicated to patient safety, enjoy working cross-functionally and problem solving, and have a track record of results.
Essential Job Functions:
- The Cybersecurity Officer manages the alignment of cybersecurity and business goals for North America working in a cross-functional capacity with functional leadership for the region.
- Collaborate with local/regional IT and Operational Technology (OT) management to facilitate the strategic oversight of cybersecurity related controls and measures are implemented, managed, controlled, and reported.
- Ensure identification and collection of local or country cybersecurity demands of country and regional business partners and IT business partners.
- Collaborate with other regions to ensure global and regional execution and coverage of all cybersecurity business proximity key functions.
- Participate in the incident handling process for reporting high and critical level events to Leadership.
- Promote the BD Cybersecurity Framework internally and with customer-focused trainings and awareness.
- Manage external cybersecurity partnerships with industry stakeholders including FDA, DoD, DHS – CISA and Customers.
- Assist with additional projects as needed.
- Strong leadership and influence management skills and the ability to function effectively in large matrix organizations.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively communicate complex issues and programs to all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of industry standards and frameworks like ISO27001, IEC62443, NIST, ENISA, etc.
- Ability to clearly present and communicate technical content to management.
- Proven ability to resolve conflict (striving for win-win outcomes). Proven ability to deliver tough messages in a professional manner. Proven ability to act independently and to execute with limited information and ambiguity
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management and Information Systems or relevant equivalent experience.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to promptly assess documents for accuracy as well as consistency.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others in a positive and effective manner.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills; both oral and written.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience
- Knowledge of the med tech industry preferred with a demonstrated ability to contribute to a continuous learning and process improvement environment.
Use of computer, phone, ability to travel globally.
Office and remote locations
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA NJ - Franklin Lakes
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ