Dir, Information Security - Architecture (Hybrid / Flex various BD locations)
Job Description Summary
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics, and the delivery of care.
BD is at the forefront of digital transformation and is leading the sectors of cloud computing, Internet of Things (IoT), Artificial Intelligence (AI) and big data analytics. However, with these technologies come additional security challenges and vulnerabilities.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Information Security Engineering, the Director of Security Architecture serves as the strategic leader of security architecture efforts for the enterprise IT security, manufacturing/OT security and product security organizations.
We are looking for a talented individual to lead a high-performing team of security architects creating cutting-edge security solutions and infrastructures that will make sure that BD medical devices, products, manufacturing, service, enterprise IT, and third-party partners are secure and resilient.
The location of this position is flexible. You can work from any BD office or remotely.
- Lead IT security, product Security and manufacturing/ OT security development architecture and strategy across BD business units and regions.
- Drive and influence BD business units in the design, build and deployment of BD products and systems with enterprise-class security.
- Establish focused Information Security Centers of Excellence (COE) in topics such as Cloud Security, Application Security, Zero Trust principles, etc.
- Foster innovation across the BD IT, product, manufacturing/ OT, and IoT security cybersecurity architecture.
- Direct the development of a target architecture roadmap and the generation of proposals that reflect requirements and platform capabilities needed to support the roadmap.
- Own all elements of people management, including developing and hiring a high-performing team.
Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering Degree or a combination of equivalent technical experience and education.
Eight or more years of Information Security experience, including security architecture experience. Minimum of four years of Information Security leadership experience.
Ability to identify and attract top Information Security talent at both the individual contributor and leadership levels.
Experience in leading the implementation of Cloud security and solid understanding of best practices.
Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Cloud Security Certified Prof (CSSP) or any or technology specific certifications for Azure, AWS and Google preferred but not required.
Working knowledge of a wide variety of cybersecurity technologies for architecture and testing relating to Multi-Factor Authentication, Passwordless Authentication, Digital Rights Management, PKI, Endpoint Protection, Mobile Device Management, Patch Management, Vulnerability Management, Security Incident and Event Management, Data Loss Prevention, and Zero Trust principles.
Remote with Travel
Duties can be performed from various BD locations
Primary Work LocationUSA NJ - Franklin Lakes
Additional LocationsGBR Crawley, GBR Plymouth - Belliver Industrial Estate, GBR Swindon - Dorcan, GBR Winnersh - Eskdale Road, GBR Worthing, USA CA - San Diego (BDB), USA IL - Vernon Hills, USA MD - Sparks - 7 Loveton Circle
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ