Disaster Recovery Manager
Job Description SummaryResponsible for ensuring an adequate level of information security protection and risk management including the confidentiality, integrity and availability of customer data, associate data, intellectual property and other information assets.
Business Continuity Management and Technology Disaster Recovery go hand-in-hand, so it is essential that Information Technology organizations are prepared for unexpected events. The primary objective for the Disaster Recovery Manager is to ensure BD can recover critical business applications, data centers and facilities in the event of a disaster that impacts IT computing assets.
The Disaster Recovery Manager will be responsible for leading and coordinating BD Technology Disaster Recovery efforts world-wide. Will work in conjunction with IT Application Delivery teams, Infrastructure Support teams, 3rd Party IT Service Providers and business counterparts to develop strategies and plan activities to test and ensure adequate recovery of BD managed IT assets. The Disaster Recovery Manager will coordinate activities to support the management and continuous improvement of Technology Disaster Recovery solutions and Crisis Management plans. The Disaster Recovery Manager will also support BCP exercises as well as corporate education and awareness activities. During business-interrupting events, the Associate will play a key role in the incident management process.
This role is a key contributor in the management of service provider outcomes as BD interacts with multiple 3rd party service providers to deliver the optimal outcomes for BD. This role will manage relationships and coordinate activities with internal organizations and 3rd party providers to plan, test and execute disaster recovery procedures. This role will direct activities of 3rd party providers to ensure that regular updates are occurring to technology recovery standards and recovery plans compliant with our underlying quality commitments and that plans are exercised on a regular schedule to support our application management policies. He/she will also participate in the development of technology recovery strategies, recovery planning, impact assessments, testing and emergency responses in the event of an actual disaster.
The Disaster Recovery Manager responsibilities at BD include but are not limited to:
- Participate in the development of technology recovery strategies, process improvements, automation, impact assessments, recovery planning and annual testing exercises to support the BD Disaster Recovery program.
- Lead the development of best practices, effective processes and procedures for disaster recovery
- Lead the implementation of a central repository of disaster recovery information, artifacts, plans, test results, contact lists and other critical information required to manage an adverse event
- Manage relationships and coordinate activities with internal organizations and 3rd party providers and others to plan, exercise and execute disaster recovery procedures.
- Direct activities of 3rd party providers to ensure that regular updates are occurring to technology recovery standards and recovery procedures compliant with our underlying quality commitments
- Coordinate with internal and external teams to ensure all established timelines are met using established processes and procedures
- Establish methods to monitor adherence to Service Level Agreements and ensure DR plans are in place and exercised regularly to support BD application management policies
- Take a leadership role as the Incident Manager in the management of emergency responses in the event of an actual disaster
- Provide input to Information Security policies and procedures for disaster recovery
- Partner with Senior IT leaders, Information Security, Internal Audit, Business Continuity Planning, Quality Management and other organizations to ensure awareness and compliance of disaster recovery processes and procedures as well as how they relate to other efforts
This is an individual contributor role that will coordinate work across multiple teams and provides direction to an indirect team of on-site and offshore 3rd party resources in the delivery, support, and on-going management of disaster recovery efforts.
Teamwork, Customer Focus, Managerial Courage, Integrity and Trust, Listening, Negotiating, Managing Vision and Purpose, Portfolio Management, Change Management, and Strategic Agility. Must be able to manage partners in accordance with SLAs.
Results Impact (Financial, Quality, Outcomes)
Ability to work with stakeholders to focus financial investments on the most critical needs
Ability to work with providers to ensure enterprise-focus, solution scalability and cost-effectiveness
- BS in Information Systems or equivalent
- 8+ years Information Technology and technology life-cycle management experience
- Knowledge in IT Infrastructure support areas including but not limited to Storage, Database, Networks, Backups, Security and Operating Systems (WINTEL, Linux, Solaris).
- Subject matter expertise in Technology Disaster Recovery best practices, methodologies, trends, tools, and issue identification
- Capable of organizing, directing, and managing internal and external teams in establishing procedures and related activities that are significantly complex in scope
- Detail oriented with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple simultaneous projects
- Able to effectively collaborate and communicate across all levels of the organization
- Knowledge of office productivity and project management tools
- Vendor Management skills and mindset
- Communication, Influence and Ownership
- Minimum of 2 years of IT Disaster Recovery and/or Crisis Management experience preferred
- Experience managing recovery strategies for cloud (IaaS / SaaS) based applications a plus
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA NJ - Franklin Lakes
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ