Job Description Summary
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
We are currently seeking a sharp, self-starter, and motivated Financial Analyst. In this highly visible role, the successful candidate will work in a fast-paced and rewarding work environment. Reporting to Sr. Finance Manager - Urology and Critical Care, the Financial Analyst is primarily responsible for supporting Commercial Operations within a UCC platform.
The role will be remote, with limited domestic travel.
Responsibilities / duties:
• Prepare and book journal entries for the month end close process
• Consolidate various monthly results with commentary on key drivers
• Track and analyze actual performance against plans for purposes of providing analysis and commentary for management decision support
• Performs balance sheet reconciliations for assigned accounts
• Understands budgeting, planning and operational data to run standard reports and develop ad-hoc reports
• Maintains financial planning models, develops forecasts, trends and supports performance management analysis and commentary development
• Prepares reporting for and actively contributes on monthly cost center meetings with cost center owners
• Conducts ad hoc projects or analyses
The ideal candidate will meet these qualifications:
• B.S. degree in Accounting or Finance required.
• Minimum 1 to 3 years of relevant Accounting working experience (journal entries, month end close, general ledger) required, preferably in a manufacturing industry or public accounting preferred.
• Candidate should be well organized and possess good analytical and communication skills;
• Candidate must be highly proficient working with Microsoft Excel and reasonably proficient with other common applications such as MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint;
• Working knowledge of JDE, SAP, BPC is desirable.
• Self-driven, proactive and seeks continuous improvement.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, matrixed, challenging environment with strong attention to detail.
• Previous experience working in a highly visible role that will interact with individuals at all organizational levels, internal and external, and at remote locations.
Employment at BD is contingent upon the Company’s receipt of sufficient proof that you are or will be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Consistent with BD’s Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA FL - Stuart Airport Road
Additional LocationsUSA GA - Covington BMD
Work ShiftNA (United States of America)
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ