Front End Developer
Job Description Summary
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues
The Adobe AEM Frontend developer is part of the TGS Platform Engineering Organization and will be focused on implementation of the BD Digital program, transforming omni channel customer experience and web experience. The Adobe AEM Frontend developer will be part of agile teams and will be responsible for transforming the user experience design and the product vision into working products and will directly influence how users will interact with the system. The Adobe AEM Frontend developer works on everything from wireframing and mockups to completing frontend implementation. The ideal candidate will have foundation of strong coding abilities, with a good sense of design and mentoring experience. This is a great opportunity for someone who loves giving input on product and making ideas happen; someone who has a desire to own features from concept to completion.
- Build BD.com and various BU sites according to the design and provide designers with feedback and suggest tradeoffs when required
- Ensure the code follows latest coding practices and industry standards
- Work closely with backend developers to understand and properly use the systems APIs
- Write both unit and integration tests, and develop automation tools for daily tasks
- Challenge ideas and opinions to avoid pitfalls and inefficient solutions
- Build front end web apps to support the required functionality in the website
- Establish and follow SEO and page performance best practices
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Mobile development experience with either native or web-to-native tooling and frameworks
- Understanding of RESTful APIs and how use them in practice
- Strong knowledge of Adobe experience manager
- Ability to write effective unit, integration, and end-user automation tests
- Strong understanding of Agile methodologies
- Experience as a Developer on a cross-functional agile team preferred
- Strong communication skills with ability to communicate complex technical concepts and align organization on decisions
- Sound problem-solving skills with the ability to quickly process complex information and present it clearly and simply
- Utilizes team collaboration to create innovative solutions efficiently
- Passionate about technology and excited about the impact of emerging /
- Wants to unleash inner self-starter and work in an environment that fosters entrepreneurial minds
- Believes in culture of brutal transparency and trust
- Open to learning new ideas outside scope or knowledge skillset
- Bachelor’s degree in technology or related field.
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA NJ - Franklin Lakes
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ