Global Marketing Manager - Hypodermic Safety Solutions
Job Description SummaryBD has pioneered the development of safety-engineered hypodermic products to help protect healthcare workers from accidental needle-stick injuries. Our commitment to enhance healthcare worker safety has established BD as a market leader in safety needle technology. This marketing role is part of the Injection Systems platform within the Medication Delivery Solutions (MDS) Business Unit. The Injection Systems platform is among the largest businesses within MDS. This key marketing leadership role is accountable for the growth of the Global Safety-Engineered Injection solutions business across leading safety needle brands such as SafetyGlide™ and Eclipse™. In this role you will be responsible for executing the global strategy, managing a portfolio of products, exploring opportunities for innovation, market expansion, and accelerating the adoption of safety hypodermic products globally. This role will work closely with cross-functional and regional team members to drive commercial success & achieve business & financial objectives. This role reports to the Global Marketing Director - Specialty Injection.
- Execution of global product portfolio strategy and annual strategic plan for the Safety-Engineered products and services. Execute key initiatives working with regional marketing counterparts and cross-functional teams to meet business objectives that include maximizing sales & profitability while driving sustainable business growth
- Lead product life cycle management activities such as market assessment, segmentation, competitive analysis, portfolio management, product positioning and marketing collateral/communications
- Execute new product, line extensions, and product & cost enhancement projects, product lifecycle management, and post-market surveillance. Drive new product launch excellence and go-to-market readiness
- Accelerate the growth of BD safety needles by driving competitive conversion, moving customers from conventional needles to safety needles, and leading safety needle adoption, advocacy & market shaping efforts
- Support product innovation, differentiation, and category leadership through product & packaging enhancements, new product development, claims development, training and sales collateral
Knowledge and Experience:
- Demonstration of strong marketing competencies, product management, and leadership skills with a consistent track-record of high performance and results
- Proven success in executing cross-functional initiatives that drive significant business impact and growth is required
- Excellent communicator with strong presentation skills and ability to influence and persuade peers and leaders within the organization
- Demonstrated analytical strength through financial analysis and development of robust business cases
- Effective prioritization, project management, and clear action orientation
- Demonstration of problem-solving skills and resourcefulness
- Must work effectively across a global organization & partner effectively with international colleagues and customers. Highly effective interpersonal skills and cultural savviness.
- Region or country level commercial responsibilities with strong experience in demand generation and enabling a sales force to drive sales
- Strong experience in customer engagement to identify opportunities to better serve their needs
Job Specific Requirements:
- Bachelors’ degree in a life science or technical discipline required. MBA preferred.
- 3+ years of marketing experience required, prior global experience will be preferred.
- 5+ years of healthcare industry experience required. Medical device industry and consumable product experience is preferred.
- Ability to travel in the USA & internationally 15% of the time
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA NJ - Franklin Lakes
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ