IT Business Partner - EHS & Sustainability
Job Description SummaryThe role of the IT Business Partner - EHS & Sustainability (Environment, Health and Safety) is to analyze and shape demand, as well as drive the delivery of Technology & Global Services (TGS) solutions for the Sustainability and EHS area, globally.
This individual will conduct analysis, prepare appropriate solution direction, and deliver results that meet the business’ needs. Above all, this individual will be required to collaborate with internal and external experts to ensure that business priorities are shaped, prioritized, and delivered. This is a great opportunity for someone to facilitate bringing the appropriate technology, process, and workplace solutions together as they contribute to BD’s sustainability goals.
This position reports directly to the Business Partner Lead, Procurement, EHS and Sustainability.
The objective of this role is to actively partner with the business to understand their strategic priorities and work to identify ways that TGS can support and advance those objectives. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Develop a deep knowledge of BD’s Sustainability and EHS programs, including key driver goals, short and long-term roadmaps, key initiatives and personnel.
- Establish value-adding, strategic relationships for yourself and for the entire TGS function.
- Partner with subject matter experts in the areas of Environment, Health and Safety, as well as Sustainability, to plan new joint initiatives, evaluate proposals, and determine how they fit into roadmaps and priorities.
- Identify and define new opportunities to leverage technology and/or process re-design to advance business strategies that directly contribute to driving compliance, risk mitigation, cost optimization, and/or revenue growth.
- Develop strategies for optimal deployment and adoption of new technology capabilities, services and solutions across the business and/or the end-customers.
- Ensure projects and initiatives are delivered, providing consistent and effective communication on status, managing escalation, and avoiding risk.
- Work with other TGS Business Partners and TGS’ Core Areas of Delivery to ensure that solutions are delivered according to, informed by, and integrated with, BD’s enterprise roadmaps.
- Build knowledge and capability in relevant technologies and processes as well as improvements to existing investments by keeping abreast of industry trends.
- Measure and communicate value realized on a periodic basis through defined and agreed upon metrics and supporting analysis.
- Serve as a continuous connector. Energized by a role that is focused on partnership and facilitation. Operates through the lens of what can we do to simplify and improve things.
- Coordinate and support resolution of critical technology challenges in ERP and SaaS platforms.
The ideal candidate will bring a combination of strategic understanding, both business and technology experience, exceptional relationship building skills and solution-oriented mindset together.
- 7+ years of working experience in a technology function, ideally in the medical device or other highly regulated sector
- Accomplished in the following areas: EHS, Sustainability, and Master Data.
- Expert level knowledge of regulatory directives in various regions like REACH, SCIP, PCN, etc.
- Knowledge on ERP integration with suppliers providing EH&S data
- Knowledge of SAP EH&S module
- Ability to communicate complex business / technical challenges in a simplified manner, through written and oral communications
- Proficiency in system development life cycle documentation, testing and release cycle protocols, business requirements documentation, test scenarios/data/execution, project planning, and status reporting
- Familiarity with continuous improvement and project management approaches, tools, and phases
- Highly collaborative work style which includes working effectively across all organizational levels, in a highly matrixed organizational environment, and with diverse global stakeholders
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Strong humility, listening, creativity, and negotiation skills
- Accepts ownership
- Ability/experience to work in a multinational, multicultural business environment
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA NJ - Franklin Lakes
Additional LocationsCHE Eysins - Business Park Terre-Bonne, CHE Wangs - Straubstrasse, CHE Zurich, GBR Crawley, GBR Plymouth - Belliver Industrial Estate, GBR Swindon - Dorcan, GBR Winnersh - Eskdale Road, NLD Amsterdam - Herikerbergweg, NLD Drachten - Kraaiheide, NLD Drachten - Marconilaan, NLD Vianen - Lange Dreef, USA CA - San Diego Bldg A&B, USA TX - San Antonio
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ