IT Portfolio Analyst (Remote)
Job Description Summary
The role of IT Portfolio Analyst will be responsible for the governance, deployment and continuous improvement of our operating mechanisms designed to enable Technology & Global Services (TGS) to achieve its key performance objectives and collaborate across the functional excellence teams to align to our strategic priorities and deliver key projects.
This position reports directly to the Associate Director, Operating Model & Portfolio Integration and will work directly with the Functional Excellence Leadership Team, Key Business Partners (Segments, Regions & Central Teams) and Enterprise Project & Portfolio Management.
- Support Portfolio Managers by working across the Business Partner (BP) organizations on reporting requirements and analysis.
- Assist and guide BPs through portfolio governance model to ensure alignment with strategic initiatives and prioritization within the FY budget.
- Highlight and identify risks/impediments in the portfolio and lead the development of subsequent actions to minimize/mitigate project failure (delayed/over budget)
- Ensure resources are effectively deployed and tracked for optimizing investments
- Embrace continuous improvement mindset, and model or coach the use of Agile/lean best practices and innovation
- Identify/Consolidate/Develop Portfolio insights and present analysis and recommendations (e.g., Portfolio Strategic backlog, Resource Mgmt., Risks)
- Support and facilitate governance mechanisms
- Provide support to Business Partners on the use of our Portfolio Management Tool
The ideal candidate willbringacombination oforganizational transformation,changemanagement, processimprovements,communications andinfluencing skillstogether.In addition, this person shouldalsopossess:
Strategic thinker—aligns to top business priorities, and has a strong passion and knowledge of our business and business partners
Courageous and focused—Influencing, driver, listener who is not afraid to ask for help, escalate or say No
Strong Communication: written and verbal with executive presence; focus on consistent communication of intent and help people understand the why
Has a passion for ensuring good business planning and investments demonstrating, business acumen, financial and resource savviness and has appropriate certifications, if required.
Prepared to lead change in ourorganization, supporting senior leaders to partner with our business stakeholders in managing our TGSportfolio
An Agile mindset with ability to pivot between roles and approaches based on team needs
Strong soft skills typically required in stakeholder engagement (empowering people, influencing, negotiation, conflict management)
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree required
PMP Certification, Portfolio management experience(preferred)
5+ years of experience in IT related work
Excellent analytical skills with attention to detail; strong teamwork and organizational skills
Willingness to travel,if required (10%)
Experiencecreatingand managing onlinedashboards and metrics a plus
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA NJ - Franklin Lakes
Additional LocationsUSA CA - San Diego Bldg A&B, USA TX - San Antonio
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ