Manager, Medical Operations, Medical Affairs
Job Description Summary
Reporting to the WW VP, Medical Affairs, the Manager, Medical Operations ensuring efficiency and compliance of the Diabetes Care Medical Affairs (DCMA) function and strives for increasing value and impact of Medical activities and strategy.
- Under the direction of the WW VP, DCMA, support the design and implementation of the applicable SOPs and working procedures within DCMA.
- Ensures maintenance of the DCMA training records, documentation and systems.
- Leads DCMA Quality and Compliance activities, including audit readiness.
- Updates DCMA dashboard and provides recommendations on performance improvement opportunities
- Leads activities of planning for DC clinical advisory boards, including documentation of the objectives, legal and compliance review, development of agendas, selection of experts and ensuring that all logistical and contractual aspects of these activities are properly executed.
- Under the direction of the WW VP, DCMA, works with WW regions and helping develop regional capabilities as it pertains to KOL scoring, segmentation and alignment to DC MA initiatives
- Works across DCMA to ensure publications are timely and develop medical messaging, including training regional associates on key data and how to communicate the data to HCP audiences such as nurses and other allied health professionals.
- Leads regular literature review and generation of insights report communicated across DC.
- Approves and reviews medical affairs documents, including responsibility (direct or through delegation) for global / regional copy approval process, as appropriate
- Assists in DC quality and risk mitigation work streams as appropriate and necessary
- Works in collaboration with MSL Field Team Leader to ensure consistency of Medical Strategy in the Field, adjusting tactics and strategy as needed to accomplish key objectives.
- Leads collection and reporting on Medical Insights and periodic literature surveillance
- Assist with ACRs and HHEs as directed by the WW VP, DCMA
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- Must have a Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an ACPE accredited institution, or MD (preferred).
- PhD degree may be considered, if accompanied by at least 5 years on experience in Medical Affairs.
- Training and / or experience of working with people living with diabetes is strongly preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Understands the rules and regulations in medical affairs and the pharmaceutical/medical device sector (i.e. PhRMA, OIG, FDA, DDMAC, etc.)
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must have authorization to work in the United States
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.
Primary Work LocationUSA NJ - Franklin Lakes
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ