Medical Device Program Manager
Job Description SummaryReporting to the Associate Director of Program Management, this role will be supporting the Catheter Care and Medication Delivery (CCMD) Business Groups of MDS. The cross functional role will be responsible for leading and motivating a complex cross functional team or a program with one or more projects to define and develop a product(s). This Leader will define the program architecture and drive successful project / program execution globally.
This Leader will define the program architecture and drive successful project / program execution globally for the CCMD EUMDR program from technical remediation to MDR certification and implementation. The role will effectively develop, organize, and motivate a highly skilled cross-functional team. This high visibility leadership role will present frequently across various levels up to and including the PDT.
Executes a project or multiple projects of medium scale and moderate complexity by leading cross functional teams individually or with an additional project leader. Examples would be larger and more complex new product development line extensions or new products that are new to the business. Analyzes development situations and data with in-depth evaluation of multiple factors.
Influences solutions to business or technical problems. Communicates and implements the strategic and technical direction for the project/program team. Demonstrates a working knowledge of business & market growth drivers & trends, influences business case development. Complete understanding of a wide application of project management principles, theories & concepts.
Primary Focus and Success Factors for role:
The role will require cross-functional leadership, influencing and negotiation skills, and project/program management proficiency in addition to the ability to directly lead associates in project execution. More specifically, your responsibilities may include:
- Lead a cross-functional team, including R&D, Quality, Regulatory, Medical, and Manufacturing resources in managing and executing projects in support of global medical products.
- Collaborate with the global platform leadership team in managing program priorities
- Lead and support execution of technical and/or cross-functional project work
- Support the portfolio of current products in terms of quality and regulatory compliance, manufacturing, and supply continuity
- Ensure implementation and rigor of product development processes and design control procedures
- Demonstrate strong and clear accountability for operational and program success
- Demonstrate leadership, learning agility, and action orientation when facing uncertainty. Instill confidence through leadership and actions
- Motivate the team to achieve individual and program objectives
- Foster the development of team members to excel in their performance, both functionally and cross-functionally
- Contribute to a culture of innovation by proactively generating novel concepts to improve current product performance or enhance current products’ ability to address customer needs.
- Ensure compliance with BD quality policies, procedures, and practices
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, federal, and BD safety regulations, policies, and procedures
Scope of Responsibility
- Create and effectively manage program budget and resource needs
- Executes a project or multiple projects of Low to moderate complexity by leading cross functional teams individually or with an additional project leader. Examples would be larger and more complex new product development line extensions or new products that are new to the business.
- Responsible for the execution, quality, and results of his or her project and the success of the resulting product for the business or in the market.
- Demonstrate leadership, learning agility and action orientation when facing uncertainty. Instill confidence through leadership and actions.
- Interacts with functional managers and business leaders to communicate regarding critical project risks, questions, or challenges.
- Challenges core team members, functional leaders and business leaders regarding functional and cross functional strategies and approaches to improve product development outcomes.
- Analyzes development situations and data with in-depth evaluation of multiple factors.
- Influences solutions to business or technical problems.
- Communicates and implements the strategic and technical direction for the project/program team.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of business & market growth drivers & trends, influences business case development.
- Complete understanding of a wide application of project management principles, theories & concepts.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science & Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or a closely related engineering degree is required. An advanced degree in an engineering discipline or MBA is preferred
- At least 8 years relevant experience in product development and design with at least 3 years product development and design experience in medical devices/products.
- Minimum of 1-3 years project management experience.
Critical Skills and Competencies
- Successful track record of in project management
- Experience in planning multiple work-streams, identifying risk and implementing action plans to optimize timelines and reduce execution risk
This role requires excellence in the following critical competencies:
- Knowledge of quality systems and EU regulatory requirements
- Experience utilizing combination of analytical, statistical, computational, and empirical methods to gain deep understanding of design and minimize overall development timelines
- Experience managing ambiguity
- Experience communicating technical details to broad audiences
- Demonstrated learning agility of new subject matter
- Demonstrated ability to act as a change protagonist
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and influencing skills
Leadership Success Factors:
- Be bold and strategic
- Remove obstacles and empower others
- Deliver results that matter
- Debate and decide, then commit and go
- Win as one BD
- Have the courage to iterate, try new things and embrace change
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA NJ - Franklin Lakes
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ