Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll help us share our innovative solutions with more clinics, physicians, pharmacies and medical entities which will in turn benefit the health and well-being of people and patients all over the nation. It’s an exciting, challenging and rewarding role, but you’ll be working from a place of strength thanks to our trusted name, and the belief in our products that you’ll quickly develop. Here, you’ll be channeling all your sales skills and experience into one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description Summary
The Oncology Vascular Care Territory Manager is accountable for selling the Hazardous Drug Safety and Infection Prevention product portfolios to customers in the Acute Care space and Oncology/Infusion Centers. The Territory manager is a highly proficient sales performer with an experienced level of knowledge in Hazardous Drug Safety and Infection prevention.
The OVC TM will work closely with their Regional Manager to identify targets and to implement effective selling strategies that cultivate a sales performance crafted to achieve/exceed the territory sales budget. They understand the importance of implementing existing national and local contracts by using pricing strategies to drive sales by working closely with National Accounts and Business Integrators as appropriate. They also work collaboratively with Infusion, Surgical and Access teams to demonstrate relationships they have in areas of the hospital to identify and expand chemo safety and infection prevention opportunities.
The Oncology Vascular Care Territory Manager handles customer relationships and leads the conversion management process as they work with Clinical Consultants.
The territory for this position is based in Birmingham, AL. The Territory includes AL and Northwest FL (Pensacola, Panama City and Tallahassee).
Additional Job Responsibilities
- Achieves the sales budget for the assigned territory.
- Maintains existing business while focusing on growth opportunities.
- Effectively forecasts and reports sales through funnel accuracy.
- Runs within operational expense budget and sample budget.
- Handles and leads all account/customer relationships in driving growth.
- Demonstrates comprehensive product knowledge and driven differentiation.
- Understands clinical application passionate about customer needs.
- Works collaboratively with local team (Territory Managers, National Account Managers and MDS Regional Manager) to drive the selling process and conversion management process in growing overall sales.
- Works collaboratively with their Regional Manager and Manager, Clinical Sales Support to successfully implement a successful conversion management process.
- Educates physicians, nurses, pharmacists, and others on safe handling of hazardous meds and the use of products.
- Requires a BA or BS degree
- 3 - 5 proven years of sales experience, or comparable experience outside of BD.
- Positive relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Proven selling skills
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook
Additional Skills, Qualifications and Proficiencies
- Consultative sales approach
- Strength is evident in targeting and qualifying sales opportunities
- Understand the most up-to-date clinical studies to educate customers and improve ability to anticipate and handle objections
- Ability to identify market, industry and competitive trends and optimally communicate up the organization
- Evidenced skill in territory and account management
- Demonstrated teammate
- Aptitude for clinical and financial proficiency
- Active listener and is able to identify important customer needs
- Self-motivated style of working and learning
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making ability
- Ability to present to all customer levels and internal staff clearly and effectively
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.
Primary Work LocationUSA NJ - Franklin Lakes
What makes a successful Sales Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
I’m proud to work at BDI Surgery and BD because the work we do every day optimizes surgical outcomes and enhances patients’ lives.
VP Sales & Commercial Excellence
Every day we focus on bringing innovative solutions to patients living with diabetes. The patient is at the heart of everything we do.
VP Marketing and Commercial Excellence
Getting our customers the right information on time so they can focus on their science and diagnostics needs is why I come to work every day.
Vice President Global Marketing