Job Description Summary
The Program Manager, Operations will manage high impact projects/programs critical to the success of the business, with overall accountability for the strategy development, planning and execution of Operations focused activities. Will coordinate activities by interfacing with leadership in BD manufacturing sites, business leaders, senior management in the Manufacturing Operations organization, cross-functional leaders, and external suppliers/vendors. Will be the Operations team leader on new product development, line extension & product improvement projects. Will be the project team leader on significant projects such as new projects, process improvements, supply issue resolution, product line rationalization, and capital equipment sourcing. Will manage multiple projects concurrently, the work for which typically comprises global initiatives and involves multiple manufacturing sites and regions.
- Leads Operations projects/programs and is the Operations Core Team Member (CTM) on BD’s Global Product Development Systems (GPDS) managed projects where incumbent will have the overall accountability for the Operations focused activities.
- Manages/updates project plans as they relate to manufacturing implementation and scale-up. Identifies and secures Operations resources to implement these plans. Works with plants, R&D, and QA to ensure proper documentation is issued and in place as part of the implementation process. Creates execution strategies, brainstorms solutions, and monitors tasks to remove obstacles in the way of progress.
- Develops manufacturing capacity and capital spending plans to support business growth objectives. Writes capital expenditure requests for equipment and tooling and is accountable for developing and ensuring compliance to project capital budgets and forecasts.
- Prepares and delivers regular project status communications to management, and leads preparation of Operations based documentation, stage-gate reviews, and other required deliverables related to GPDS managed projects.
- Assures that all activities conform to Design Control Procedures and establishes and/or contributes to appropriate Design History Files.
- Assists in the development of global and local manufacturing/operations strategies. Provides analysis, feasibility studies, and capability studies related to capacity, sourcing and costs.
- Responsible for the identification and implementation of cost reduction and quality improvement programs.
- Is a strong voice for the Manufacturing Operations team and holds self and others accountable for their commitments.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Requires a BS degree at a minimum, preferably in an Engineering discipline such as Mechanical or Industrial Engineering.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in a manufacturing or manufacturing support role with exposure to high volume and/or high quality medical device manufacturing.
- 8+ years of experience leading teams on complex projects/programs, and assessing, delegating, directing work through extended sub-teams or work streams.
- Must have ability to work independently and in a team environment. Requires limited direct supervision from Operations Director.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, and must have strong time management and interpersonal skills including conflict resolution and negotiation
- Must possess strong computer and presentation skills – Must be proficient with MS Word, Excel, Power Point, MS Project, Visio
Additional & Preferred Skills:
- MS degree is a plus
- PMP certification is a plus
- Significant experience with cost reduction identification and implementation, process controls, plant layout, materials and process measurement.
- Experience with design for manufacturability or plastic components is preferred
- Ability to react quickly to changing needs and requirements
- Six Sigma green or black belt is a plus
- Willingness and flexibility to travel
Primary Work LocationUSA NJ - Franklin Lakes
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ