Project Manager - PMO
Job Description SummaryThe Project Manager - PMO is an Intermediate level Core Team Leader, driving a team of functional professionals from multiple functions, regions and external partners. They have overall accountability for project planning and execution, leading up to successful launch and commercial success. Project success is measured on schedule, budget and the ultimate release of customization products or platform changes.
As a member of the BD Pharmaceutical Systems Advanced Drug Delivery Solutions (ADDS) business, you will have the unique opportunity to play a vital role in the rapid scale-up of an exciting new business platform that will be a key contributor to BD’s future growth. Our mission is to become a world-class, customer focused organization that will have a significant impact in improving how patients receive drugs for their chronic conditions. You will have the advantage of combining the best of both worlds: the agility and creativity of a high-growth, start-up environment, and the backing and resources of a Fortune 500 company.
This team member should share our passion for excellence and innovation while actively building on their motivation to develop and build this family of self-administered injection products from the ground up.
The Project Manager - PMO is an Intermediate level Core Team Leader, driving a team of functional professionals from multiple functions, regions and external partners. They have overall accountability for project planning and execution, leading up to successful launch and commercial success. Project success is measured on schedule, budget and the ultimate release of customization products or platform changes.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Leads product development efforts utilizing a multitude of processes and tools. Accountable for timely delivery, technical excellence and process effectiveness of product development activities while ensuring the implementation and rigor of BDM-PS product development processes and design control procedures.
- Accountable for designing and executing proper planning, including creation of the project work breakdown structures, identification of critical path and contingency planning, using appropriate project management software and tools. Maintains a high level of personal direct engagement in the day-to-day activity of the team.
- Leads multiple small to medium scale projects of low to moderate complexity.
- Develops technical and business process solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity. Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of a situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends and/or customer needs.
- Follows processes and operational policies.
- Represents the organization as the primary contact on development agreements and projects. Interacts with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations
- Ensures effective and efficient regular formal and informal communications with their core team(s) using a variety of tools and channels.
- Ensures that the appropriate resources are available for the project and contribute to the expected levels. Accountable for ensuring project resources are fully utilized and releasing them (completely or partially) as soon as workload permits.
- Communicates team strategy & plans, execution and results at various review meetings. Makes the platform and ADDS leadership aware of, and proposes solutions to, unanticipated or potential issues/concerns as soon as they are known
- Establishes and assures adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans and performance requirements.
- Participates in product portfolio road mapping exercises and product development concept phases.
- May perform other duties as required
- Minimum a Bachelor’s degree in science (e.g. physics, chemistry or biology) or engineering (mechanical, electrical or biomedical).
- Master or PhD degree preferred.
- Project Management certification a plus.
- Minimum 5 years proven experience working in a structured product development process, including Design Control and Process Validations.
- 3-5 years of proven experience as a member of a cross-functional Core Team (Member or Leader).
- FDA guidelines on design and manufacturing of medical devices.
- Project execution and administration.
- Generating customer requirements and writing product requirements, specifications, test protocols, and test reports.
- Working knowledge of international standards applicable to medical devices, including ISO13485, ISO14971, and IEC60601.
- Effective analytical, technical, and problem solving skills.
- Effective interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Effective meeting and presentation skills.
- Project & Cross-Functional Leadership - possesses the skills, knowledge and aptitude to engage, influence, and direct all functions involved in the development of the assigned product. Able to lead in a matrix organization.
- Customer Orientation: Demonstrate a deep understanding of customer needs and key objectives. Strong interpersonal and influencing skills with customer centricity in mind
- Dealing with ambiguity: demonstrate ability to act in a changing environment. Effective change management skills.
- Up to 25% travel domestic and international.
Primary Work LocationUSA NJ - Franklin Lakes
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ