Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll help us share our innovative solutions with more clinics, physicians, pharmacies and medical entities which will in turn benefit the health and well-being of people and patients all over the nation. It’s an exciting, challenging and rewarding role, but you’ll be working from a place of strength thanks to our trusted name, and the belief in our products that you’ll quickly develop. Here, you’ll be channeling all your sales skills and experience into one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description Summary
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
Our vision for “function or BU” at BD
As a leading manufacturer and supplier of products that are used daily in healthcare, the Medication Delivery Solutions (MDS) team provide a wide range of products for injection and infusion therapy, regional anaesthesia and closed medication management.
About the role:
Reporting to the Associate Director, Marketing Analytics and Operations Excellence, the RE-CODE Sales and Marketing Analyst is accountable for providing business insights and analytics to enable the US MDS marketing organization to develop and deliver its strategic objectives for the project. Project Recode is a companywide initiative that will reduce portfolio complexity across the business, leading to improved customer experience, better integration across BD, and new cost and revenue opportunities for improving business performance.
The RE-CODE analyst needs to be a strong performer who is familiar with MDS products and strategy. This position will work closely with senior cross functional leaders, regional leaders, platform marketing leaders and sales leaders on project planning and execution. The Re-Code analyst will be responsible for supporting the Marketing Department to monitor the portfolio optimization project, manage market analysis, generating reports, monitoring projects, and collaborating in the execution of the implementation plan.
This position will serve as an excellent developmental opportunity and will provide the selected candidate the chance to help drive this critical initiative, contribute to internal partners and our customers and to partner with senior leadership
Key responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with product managers, project leaders and partners to support the definition of objectives and financial impacts, providing the necessary analysis for decisions
- Develop detailed customer data to understand customer purchasing history for impacted products
- Help define efforts needed in support of project through data driven analysis
- Develop/define monthly metrics to track plan vs actual
- Work with Finance/Supply chain to develop/define monthly metrics to understand risk of back-order and/or scrap impact
- Develop and manage effective relationship with marketing team to understand business needs and KPI’s.
- Perform monthly financial reconciliation analysis for commentary to upper management
- Support demand forecasting and revenue projections – ASR, annual budgeting, quarterly projections and monthly sales performance analysis
- Provide practical insights to the business related to customer buying trends across GPOs, NRLs and Alternate Sites, both contracted and non-contracted sales
- Provide Ad-hoc reporting to the marketing and sales functions, and key business partners
- Provide accurate/timely data in a usable/automated format to visualize trends relative to strategy
- Excellent knowledge and analytical capabilities in Excel, Access, or Power BI with proven eye for business
- Strong quantitative and reasoning skills
- Demonstrated ability to engage with key business partners to evaluate key drivers and analytics to assist in development clear strategic recommendations and anticipate business needs.
- Strong presentation, communication skills and organizational skills
Education and experience required:
- Employment at BD is contingent upon the Company’s receipt of sufficient proof that you are or will be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Consistent with BD’s Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
- Bachelor's degree required. Preference for major in technical field, finance/accounting or business/marketing.
- 5+ years of proven experience in analytical role supporting commercial operations – marketing and sales, ideally in a downstream capacity
- Mastery of Microsoft Office, in particular Excel (incl. advanced formulas, pivot tables, macros, charts) and Powerpoint
- Proficient in SAP BI/BW & Qlikview in the context of Reporting
Click on Apply if this sounds like you!
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA NJ - Franklin Lakes
What makes a successful Sales Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
I’m proud to work at BDI Surgery and BD because the work we do every day optimizes surgical outcomes and enhances patients’ lives.
VP Sales & Commercial Excellence
Every day we focus on bringing innovative solutions to patients living with diabetes. The patient is at the heart of everything we do.
VP Marketing and Commercial Excellence
Getting our customers the right information on time so they can focus on their science and diagnostics needs is why I come to work every day.
Vice President Global Marketing