Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll help us share our innovative solutions with more clinics, physicians, pharmacies and medical entities which will in turn benefit the health and well-being of people and patients all over the nation. It’s an exciting, challenging and rewarding role, but you’ll be working from a place of strength thanks to our trusted name, and the belief in our products that you’ll quickly develop. Here, you’ll be channeling all your sales skills and experience into one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description Summary
Sell BD's Vascular Access Product Portfolio .to the acute care market segment. The products included in this portfolio are peripheral IV catheters, PICC lines, ultrasound, sophisticated peripheral IV catheters in addition to others. Geography: Albany and Syracuse.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Prospect for new business opportunities across all portfolios and maintaining existing business across all promoted product portfolios.
- Implement marketing platform initiatives and maintaining a strong sales funnel/pipeline of opportunities.
- Lead incremental conversion opportunities from initial account targeting through evaluation, product ordering and in-servicing.
- Conduct regular clinical training and in-servicing on product usage
Implement national, regional and local contractual agreements.
- Conduct regular territory business and sales analysis.
- Work with local distributor branches and representatives.
- Collaborate with internal team members and utilizing available sales support resources.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3-5 years’ experience in Sales and/or sales support; will also accept sales associate experience in BD’s sales associate training program (based on associate readiness).
Must possess and maintain a valid state-issued driver's license and meet BD's auto safety standards.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Geography includes Boston suburb and Western Massachusetts
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Demonstrated ability to handle both internal and external budgets and resources, experience in conducting pre-call planning.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and good analytical skills (to prioritize and segment accounts)
- A successful sales track record, validated negotiation skills, and ability to exhibit effective selling, listening, and verbal/presentation skills.
- Ability to assess and respond to customer needs.
- Master’s in Business Administration a plus.
- Former clinical or sales support experience highly preferred.
- Previous healthcare salesmedical device preferred.
- Previous sales experience in the geographic territory
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA NJ - Franklin Lakes
What makes a successful Sales Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
I’m proud to work at BDI Surgery and BD because the work we do every day optimizes surgical outcomes and enhances patients’ lives.
VP Sales & Commercial Excellence
Every day we focus on bringing innovative solutions to patients living with diabetes. The patient is at the heart of everything we do.
VP Marketing and Commercial Excellence
Getting our customers the right information on time so they can focus on their science and diagnostics needs is why I come to work every day.
Vice President Global Marketing