Senior Analyst, Supply Chain Logistics Optimization (Supply Chain Network Modeling) Remote
Job Description SummaryThe Remote Senior Analyst, Logistics Optimization (Supply Chain Network Modeling) position within the Global Logistics & Trade (GL&T) organization is responsible for all activities and tools related to the Network Modeling Center of Excellence. The associate will lead modeling projects, participate in modeling strategy sessions, and be the global super user for the modeling toolset which includes JDA’s Transportation Modeler and Llamasoft’s Supply Chain Guru and Data Guru. The associate will have an in-depth understanding of the key data objects related to transportation and network design. The associate will generate and present project team and executive level briefings regarding network modeling. This role will work closely with cross functional stakeholders including IT, Supply Chain, BD businesses and regions to support a variety of modeling requests.
Excited to grow your career?
We value our talented employees, and whenever possible strive to help one of our associates grow professionally before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply!
Our people make all the difference in our success.
The Senior Analyst, Logistics Optimization ( Supply Chain Network Modeling ) is a lead in deploying and the development of the Modeling Center of Excellence strategy. They will also be the lead for network modeling and transportation modeling projects for BD business units, from project introduction to delivery of modeling results. Lead matrix project teams to gather requirements, collect information and report out modeling results. Independently identify transport and network savings opportunities based on current and future constraints. Execute transportation and network models for hypothetical requests such as a new DC location and the impact on the transportation spend. Perform business case and data evaluations for proposed TMS implementations. Rapid response to simple “what if” transportation questions.
Act as the Global super user and process owner for Network Modeling activities leveraging Llamasoft and Supply Chain Guru. Lead TMS implementation teams to collect and evaluate TMS related master data for new project sites (Tariffs, Constraints). Document SOPs and Instructions for transportation modeling activities. Set up baseline transportation and network modeler capabilities for new regions. Mentor regional transportation teams to execute their own small-scale modeling activities. Assist procurement in the evaluation and impact f transportation tariff re-bid activities. Supporting role for global networking tool. Create issue and change tickets for the JDA cloud team to resolve modeling issues.
- Bachelor’s degree with 2 - 5 years of related experience; or MBA/MS in relevant discipline and 1 - 3 years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be an analytical thinker with the ability to quickly analyze and understand data
- Must be comfortable concisely presenting analytical outcomes
- Understanding of SAP ECC/JDE warehouse and transportation capabilities
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word)
- Must demonstrate strong communication (oral and written), interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Must be able to work on multiple overlapping activities with varying teams
- Must have a positive attitude and willing to contribute new ideas
- BA/BS Degree required. MS/MBA helpful
- Understanding of the end to end supply chain processes, with a broad supply chain background
- In depth understanding of transportation concepts such as carrier tariffs, Inco terms, tendering, and freight audit
- Supply Chain Network design experience is a plus
- Transportation planning a plus
At BD Becton, Dickinson & Co., you are one person making one big difference. You are a key member of a team that is an important part of a leading, purposeful company committed to advancing the world of health. No matter what role you play, you can be confident that you are improving lives, all over the world. And, as you progress with us, your impact will only grow.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer! We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.
Primary Work LocationUSA NJ - Franklin Lakes
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ