Senior Clinical Research Associate
Job Description Summary
The purpose of the Senior Clinical Research Associate position is to provide Site Management and Study Monitoring for clinical studies conducted by Global Clinical Development. Clinical studies may range from simulated use studies (employing a patient or clinician to use the device in a simulated environment) to complex studies in human subjects and/or specimens from human subjects that may include drug/device combinations. The GCD supports all BD business units.
The Senior Clinical Research Associate serves as a site manager and study monitor for moderate to complex studies in compliance with Good Clinical Practices, and all National and Local Regulations. They may also perform the role of Lead Monitor on studies as required, and/or mentor a Study Monitor(s) assigned to a project.
**This position must sit onsite and does not offer relocation assistance**
The primary responsibilities of this position are to:
- Effectively manage clinical study sites
- Perform on-site, remote and/or in-house monitoring activities
- Oversee/lead study-specific contract monitoring resources
- Manage monitoring programs for an entire business unit or large development program
- Mentor Associates at the Associate Clinical Research Associate and Clinical Research Associate levels
- Lead/contribute to department/function continuous improvement activities/initiatives
- Experience as a Lead Clinical Research Associate
- 3-5 years of laboratory experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years experience of direct clinical trial experience, including field monitoring.
- Willingness to travel up to 30% -50% of the time (domestic and International).
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree required.
- Combination of education and experience in life sciences, technical, clinical trials, Regulatory Affairs, or Quality preferred.
- Project management experience a plus
- Professional certification through one or more relevant associations (e.g., ACRP, SOCRA, RAPS) desirable.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA NJ - Franklin Lakes
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ