Senior Director, Global Supply Chain Planning – MDS (Franklin Lakes, NJ)
Job Description Summary
We are the makers of possible
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world. Advancing the world of health™ is our Purpose, and it’s no small feat. It takes the imagination and passion of all of us—from design and engineering to the manufacturing and marketing of our billions of MedTech products per year—to look at the impossible and find transformative solutions that turn dreams into possibilities.
We believe that the human element, across our global teams, is what allows us to continually evolve. Join us and discover an environment in which you’ll be supported to learn, grow and become your best self. Become a maker of possible with us.
The Senior Director of MDS Global Supply Chain Planning is a critical leadership role to drive global demand and supply planning processes and to facilitate effective decision making in sales, inventory and operations in order to achieve the optimum supply chain Cost - Cash - Service that delivers on business value propositions.
This role reports functionally to the VP Global SC Planning Medical and works closely with the VP ISC MDS.
This role is office based, preferred office location is Franklin Lakes NJ.
- Define end-to-end SC planning strategy to achieve optimum supply chain performance (Cost - Cash - Service) that meets regional and global business objectives. The end-to-end planning includes RM planning, production planning, distribution planning and demand planning at both regional and global level. The scope of the end-to-end planning covers raw material, finished goods and service parts.
- Regular review of end-to-end supply chain value stream effectiveness and drive continuous performance improvement. A strategic and pragmatic approach to team capability development, ERP/planning system enhancement, digital/analytics infrastructure and management process (S&OP and S&OE) improvement is essential to success in this role.
- Lead MDS global SIOP/IBP processes to ensure critical topics are surfaced and decisions are made timely. Broad and effective global and regional stakeholder engagement is critical to success in this role.
- As the team leader of MDS global supply chain planning organization, this role will set supply chain priorities and define approach to drive transformative and continuous improvement with both regional and global MDS planning associates. This role will provide SC planning expertise and leadership in end-to-end supply chain planning domains (source, make, deliver, fulfillment)
- Ensure foundational regional and global planning processes and metrics are in place to monitor supply chain performance (OTIF, Back orders, Forecast Accuracy, Inventory Turns, Supplier performance, etc) and take appropriate corrective actions to drive performance improvement.
- Ensures global processes are utilized to drive demand consensus at regional and global level across Sales, Marketing, Platform, Finance and Operations. Provide insights into business financial performance vs operating plans, this includes: Sales and profitability performance; Inventory, Service level and supply chain cost performance, etc
- Harmonize, standardize and digitize, when appropriate, regional and global planning process across the end-to-end supply chain (demand planning, supply planning, production planning, material planning) to drive planning productivity. Depending on the planning horizons, planning processes include both short-term execution horizon (0~13 weeks) and mid to long-term horizon (3 months up to 60 months).
- Drive S&OP and S&OE maturity at both region and global level, provide managerial and technical guidance in cross-functional teams
- Drive and/or support key business initiatives: New product introduction, RECODE-Architecture, RECODE Portfolio, EUMDR, FG distribution strategy, RM sourcing strategy, ERP strategy and planning process and system enhancement roadmap.
- Responsible for leading a team of approx. ~45 associates: engaging and aligning the team around business and function goals, developing team capability, and optimizing team resources to drive continuous performance improvement at both region and global level.
Experience & Education:
- >18 years progressive management experience in supply chain planning, manufacturing or sourcing, etc
- >5 years experience leading a global SIOP/IBP that has a P&L impact.
- >7 years experience managing supply chain performance transformation or change management in complex environment
- Master degree in Science, Mathematics, Engineering or Supply chain. MBA is a plus.
- Good balance of strategy and tactics to achieve both long-term and short-term performance objectives
- Independent and autonomous in driving global and regional Supply Chain priorities
Knowledgeable in ERP, MRP and advanced analytics
- Ability to influence without authority in matrixed organization
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrate growth mindset and servant leadership
- Foster collaboration and innovation
For certain roles at BD, employment is contingent upon the Company’s receipt of sufficient proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In some locations, testing for COVID-19 may be available and/or required. Consistent with BD’s Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
Why Join Us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that encourages you to bring your authentic self to work. It’s also a place where we help each other be great, we do what’s right, we hold each other accountable, and learn and improve every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. You will have the opportunity to help shape the trajectory of BD while leaving a legacy at the same time. And through the organization’s investment in BD University, you will continually level up your tech skills and expertise.
To find purpose in the possibilities, we need people who can see the bigger picture, who understand the human story that underpins everything we do. We welcome people with the imagination and drive to help us reinvent the future of health. At BD, you’ll discover a culture in which you can learn, grow and thrive. And find satisfaction in doing your part to make the world a better place.
To learn more about BD visit https://bd.com/careers
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA NJ - Franklin Lakes
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ