Senior Employee Relations Advisor - New Jersey
Job Description SummaryPLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A REMOTE POSITION WITH LIMITED TRAVEL TO THE SITE. SEEKING CANDIDATES IN THE NEW JERSEY/NEW YORK AREA.
The Senior Employee Relations Advisor is responsible for providing advice and counsel to managers and employees on a variety of employee relations and management issues.
- Works collaboratively with and provides day-to-day coaching and employee relations advice to Senior Business Unit, Functional and Regional leaders, managers, and all other assigned employees.
- Reviews and assists managers in drafting corrective action, performance improvement, and termination documentation.
- Identifies and analyzes legal/compliance risks in employment situations
- Partners with the Labor & Employment Legal team to review and make recommendations on complex issues, such as terminations, investigations, and medical issues/accommodations, to effectively manage company risk.
- Stays current on employment law and employment law trends.
- Conducts internal investigations of simple to moderate complexity, documents findings and makes recommendations to management as appropriate.
- Collaborates with Global Learning team to develop and deploy manager effectiveness, HR compliance, and other employee relation-related training programs.
- Provides support to managers and other HR functions throughout annual performance review process. This includes helping craft IIGs, development plans and quality written and verbal feedback.
- Tracks and interprets trends in employee relations to proactively identify issues and develop training and other solutions.
- Leads and/or participates in departmental projects/initiatives focused on continuous improvement.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with the ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to exercise sound judgment based on policies, procedures, practices, risk factors and precedent. Demonstrates excellent critical thinking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to inspire trust and confidence and effectively influence the decision-making process.
- Knowledge of employment law preferable
- Experience supporting Sr. Business Unit, Function or Region leadership level client groups
- Bachelor’s degree required. Preferably in Management, Human Resources or Psychology
- Minimum of 6 years of cumulative direct Employee Relations experience
- Minimum of 6 years of experience managing a wide variety of complex, high risk and sensitive employment-related cases from intake to investigation to resolution
- SPHR or PHR preferred
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA NJ - Franklin Lakes
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ