Senior Manager Medical Affairs, Injection Systems
Job Description Summary
Reporting to the WW Director, Medical Affairs (MA) this position has the responsibility to provide medical, scientific, technical and customer-focused support. Provides guidance from a medical perspective to value maximization of current and future products and processes for the respective platforms.
Responsible for enhancing scientific relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), reviewing promotional and educational material for accuracy; leading consultant and advisory meetings; and reviewing grant applications for scientific merit.
- Provide strategic medical leadership and management as member of the Core team and platform groups.
- Global Medical ‘point of contact’ for the designated devise(s) within the platform. Responsible for the execution of the strategic medical planning initiatives and provides medical and scientific support to current and future commercialized devises, and issues management for current devises.
- Provide medical contribution in the development of the global strategic plans, in collaboration with other cross-functional teams.
- Serve as an internal medical expert for products and disease-related content, product labeling, and Pharmacovigilance teams.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of clinical research and educational projects in areas of interest globally; participate in the development of plans for future clinical studies.
- Guide design of clinical trials and registries globally. Ensure support for activities in clinical development by collaborating with the clinical operations group.
- Direct the distribution of scientific and medical information to internal and external customers while meeting appropriate legal and regulatory guidelines.
- Co-develop appropriate strategic go-to-market models with business group and commercial teams.
- Direct the identification and development of KOLs across different therapy areas as needed, investigate new uses of BD’s products, and ensure collaboration with appropriate scientific societies.
- Participate as needed as part of the crisis-management teams for marketed products, i.e. in case of field corrective actions.
- Ensure relevant and appropriate responses to customer inquiries for relevant BD products.
- Direct the regular review of scientific literature in cooperation with marketing for key-products.
- Continuously maintain “state of the art” level of knowledge for the medical and commercial teams as to developments and trends in medical science relevant to the business.
- Be part of an environment that stresses open, candid, and timely feedback relative to performance.
- Continuously develop knowledge of regulatory, pharmacovigilance and quality assurance requirements in alignment with BD Practice Standards.
- RN or MD is required.
- Previous management experience is preferred.
- At least 3 years related experience in the medical device or pharmaceutical industry within clinical research or medical affairs is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to network and develop relationships within industry, academia or medical professional networks;
- Ability to successfully manage in cross-functional settings e.g. a scientific and commercially-focused environment;
- Strong leadership behavior in being team orientated, ability to set direction and bring different matrix teams along with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate effectively with other groups. Must have excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Strategic thinker and has a creative, solution-oriented style; flexible and able to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment on multiple projects with aggressive deadlines; team-oriented energetic and passionate about making a difference.
- Has a strong work ethics and character is of the highest integrity, including strong ethical and scientific standards.
- Ability and willingness to travel 20-25% of time.
Primary Work LocationUSA NJ - Franklin Lakes
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ