Senior Research and Development Engineer (Advanced Drug Delivery Systems, Combination Products)
Job Description Summary
We at BD Becton Dickinson & Co. are a purpose driven company committed to advancing the world of health. As a member of our team, you will be provided with the opportunity and support to attain the type of project success that will improve the lives of patients all over the world. Our combined success can be attributed to our unique business environment which combines the agility and creativity of a high-growth, start-up environment, and the backing and resources of a Fortune 500 company. As you progress with us, your impact will multiply.
The BD Pharmaceutical Systems, Self-Administered Injectable Systems (SAIS) business is looking for highly talented and driven individuals with a dream to make a meaningful impact on changing the status-quo and a real passion for delivering technical solutions to complex problems. As part of our team, you will have the unique opportunity to play a vital role in the rapid scale-up of an exciting, high-growth business platform that is poised to become a key contributor to BD’s future growth. Our mission is to become a world-class, customer focused organization that will have a significant impact in improving how patients receive drugs for their chronic conditions. At its core, this SR. R&D Engineer role will give you the opportunity to develop user-centric drug delivery solutions designed to drive patient empowerment, independence, compliance, and improved health outcomes.
The expectation for this SR. R&D Engineer position is that they participate as a technical leader on project core teams and a proponent of technical excellence while representing the organization as a prime technical contact to our pharma-partner on a new product development program. As such they are expected to help identify tasks/resources, prioritize tasks/resources, and coach junior resources to ensure that key critical-to-customer project milestones are successfully achieved.
What you get to do every day:
- Deliver on new and exciting advanced drug delivery solutions as a technical leader on a cross-functional project team through all phases of the project lifecycle, from concept through launch.
- Represent the organization as the prime technical contact to a pharma partner on a B2B product development project.
- Translate business requirements into a robust, scalable technical design.
- Pursue complex problems by applying sound engineering principles, utilizing experimental, computational and analytical methods to a range of technical product development challenges .
- Work closely with both functional and project managers to identify and mitigate technical issues to reduce programmatic risks.
We are looking for a technical leader who can:
- Guide multi-function teams comprising of QA, Medical Affairs, Regulatory Affairs, Marketing, and Manufacturing team members by facilitating effective communication and engagement.
- Mentor and motivate team members and junior associates while coaching them through activities such as bench studies, tolerance stack up analysis, FMEAs, design verification, validation, vendor interactions, materials specifications and component specifications.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal communication skills, which enable you to gain client trust and mentor junior engineers.
- Apply and assert DFSS best practices on all projects
- Ensure compliance with BD quality policies, procedures and practices as well as with all local, state, federal and BD safety laws, policies and procedures.
You will be effective if you have:
- A history of developing/launching medical product(s) through a phase gate development cycle in an ISO13485 environment (or equiv.).
- A propensity to quickly learn new concepts and technologies and convert them into customer solutions.
- The initiative to Identify opportunities and drive continuous improvement efforts
- Ability to effectively and clearly communicate concepts, ideas and knowledge to other individuals, teams and customers.
- Experience in guiding team/individuals to develop technical solutions to complex problems.
- Must have a Bachelor of Science Engineering or technical degree. A post graduate degree is desired.
- Minimum of 5 years related work experience required (or combination of work experience and advanced degrees).
“Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.”
Primary Work LocationUSA NJ - Franklin Lakes
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ