Be part of something bigger at BD. Here, you’ll join a driven, agile engineering team working in a startup-like environment that has the backing and resources of a Fortune 500 company. In engineering, you could be involved in everything from operations, production and construction to information technology and maintenance environments, all while analyzing and developing solutions to further our engineering capabilities. You’ll use your talent and track record of solving complex problems to achieve one singular goal: advancing the world of health™. At BD, you can make a true difference of one.
Job Description Summary
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
About the role:
The Senior Supplier Quality Engineer defines and implements the supplier management activities required to approve suppliers and maintain their approved status throughout the product lifecycle. This is achieved by ensuring the conformance of the supplier to applicable quality specifications of components, products, materials, or services delivered to BD, in compliance with BD supplier management policies and procedures, as well as applicable standards and regulations.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Support identification of prospective suppliers
- Define the optimum supplier approval strategy, and create supplier approval plans
- Facilitate, manage, and track supplier progress toward Approved status, supporting both new product development launches and sustaining engineering changes
- Conduct supplier quality audits/assessments as necessary including for-cause audits, and complete follow-up and closure of any non-conformances
- Author, negotiate, and finalize both Quality and Technical Agreements with suppliers
- Review and approve supplier FMEAs, SPC strategies, MSA documentation, control plans and inspection methods as required by the Supplier Approval Plan.
- Provide Supplier Quality Assurance support to all existing suppliers and assigned projects (including suppliers for new product development).
- Collect and archive all relevant Supplier documentation and required statements
- Author supplier approval reports
- Support Supplier Quality performance monitoring
- Manage changes initiated by suppliers while coordinating with the appropriate project teams
- Lead problem solving activities with assigned Suppliers related to escalated customer complaints or manufacturing deviations
- Lead auditor experience required; certified lead auditor preferred
- Thorough understanding of industry standards and regulations such as ISO 13485, 21CFR820, ISO 14971, MDSAP, EU MDD/MDR
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously with limited supervision
- Ability to work with diverse, multi-national, cross-functional teams
- Working knowledge of statistics
- Proficient in the use of Quality Tools such as, Quality control plans, Failure mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA), and Measurement System Analysis (MSA)
- Ability to travel 15-20%
Education and experience required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science, or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Quality in the Medical Device industry, with at least 3 years’ experience in supplier quality
Click on Apply if this sounds like you!
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA NJ - Franklin Lakes
What makes a successful Engineer Professional at BD? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Advancing the world of health™
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.
As a new employee what I like most about BD are the many learning and professional developmental opportunities for growth offered. It is good to know that there are so many resources to choose from.
Since joining BD, I really have liked the people I work with on a daily basis and the collaboration towards common goals.
Senior Program Manager
BD is full of passionate, loyal, and driven people that have a common goal of advancing healthcare without sacrificing quality or service.