Sr Business Analyst - Workday & HR Systems (REMOTE)
Job Description Summary
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
Would you like to support HR technology solutions development and implementation in a $17+ billion public company? Do you enjoy engaging and understanding the business stakeholders' biggest business challenges and collaborating with cross-functional teams to solution those and maximize business impact? If so, Becton Dickinson has a great opportunity for a Senior Business Analyst within our HR solutions team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Support expansion and optimization of Workday Talent and Performance solutions and provide design guidance for Talent Acquisition solutions
- Partner with HR Center of Excellence representatives, HR Business Partners, and other functional and business customers to understand business needs and design and execute scalable and easily maintainable solutions
- Provide technical expertise in identifying, evaluating, implementing and supporting HR systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet user requirements.
- Understand system technical strategy and new functionality and map to opportunities to extend and optimize BD’s HR technology implementations to support global HR strategy and meet global business needs.
- Collaborate with HRIT team, Workday product managers, and consultants to configure, maintain, and support the HR systems.
- Work with Data Operations team to identify potential data integrity issues and advise on appropriate audit and mitigation strategies to ensure data quality.
- Ensure HR systems configuration meets SOX and other corporate compliance obligations as well as data privacy best practices.
- Plan and execute unit, regression, integration and acceptance testing related to HR Systems enhancements, changes, and upgrades.
- Assist with change management and training initiatives related to HR systems and related processes.
- Special projects as needed.
What we are ideally looking for:
- Experience with at least 3 end to end annual performance cycles with a deep understanding of interdependencies with Total Rewards.
- Ability to engage, envision, and collaborate to build solutions that encompass the end to end processes that drive HR services.
- Demonstrated technical systems analysis through 5+ years’ business analyst and experience in a company of similar size, revenue, complexity and geographic diversity.
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong familiarity with Workday Human Resources/Human Capital Management business processes including Talent Management, Talent Acquisition, Total Rewards, and other processes.
- Demonstration and mastery of IT/Systems change management and configuration management best practices.
- Exceptional customer service ethic.
- Exceptional consultative approach, understanding customer needs, documenting requirements, solutioning to meet requirements, consulting to determine customer fit to solution, developing and delivering solution in accordance with customer expectations.
- Strong presentation and communication skills, particularly in helping the business understand complex technical processes and systems.
- Expert level Excel skill set.
- Familiarity with process design, design thinking, process re-engineering, lean and/or value stream mapping principles.
- Bachelor’s degree with preference for Information Systems or Computer Science as field of study.
- Workday Talent Optimization experience preferred.
- Workday certification a plus.
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA NJ - Franklin Lakes
Additional LocationsUSA TX - San Antonio
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ