Sr. Director, Omni-Channel Analytics
Job Description Summary
The Sr. Director, Omni-Channel Analytics is a member of the Enterprise Data, Analytics and Insights team and works in close collaboration with Corporate Digital Accelerator, Corporate Marketing leadership, and Corporate Commercial Effectiveness teams and is primarily accountable for setting global standards for advanced analytics and metrics for organizational decision making. This is both a strategic and consultative role that requires a combination of focus and flexibility, as well as a willingness to play an active, behind-the-scenes role. The role requires a highly resourceful, proactive individual with deep knowledge of advance analytics as well as communication, networking, and facilitation skills.
The Sr. Director, Omni-Channel Analytics will standardize metrics and processes to help optimize marketing efforts. This role is responsible for performing analytics on multiple marketing channels, determining marketing attribution, and optimizing marketing mix.
This role reports to the Vice President, Enterprise Data, Analytics, and Insights.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
Strategic and Financial Impact
- Create global standards for advanced analytics and metrics for organizational decision making
- Build repeatable advanced analytics capabilities that will allow BU’s and Regions to realize the customer and business impact of omni-channel strategy implementation
- Build standardized advanced analytics models using machine learning and AI best practices to deliver predictive analytics to improve commercial effectiveness
- Create commercial targeting framework using internal and external data to expand the pool of potential customers and refine the marketing and sales efforts towards existing customers
- Accountable for global analytics tech stack selection and spend
Direction, Leadership and Execution
- Establish measurement metrics that drive impact across the marketing organization
- Develop the methodology for key attribution initiatives and communicate methodology to internal stakeholders
- Quantify the effectiveness of marketing efforts by identifying the channels, tactics, and media interactions that have the greatest impact
- Build marketing optimization strategies based on learnings from attribution modeling
- Develop omni-channel analytics strategy relating to data access, automation, and metrics publishing
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement analytics related components of marketing tech stack (i.e., Adobe Analytics, Databricks, etc.)
- Develop automated omni-channel dashboards that can be leveraged by BD teams to report on tactical and strategic performance of campaigns
- Drives project/ initiative teams to build Corporate, Business or Region advanced analytics capabilities, as team leader, sponsor or steering role.
- Works harmoniously with others to get a job done and leads the team in a collaborative fashion
- Shares critical information with everyone involved in a project to produce more effective creative solutions
- Helps to set a tone of cooperation within the channel and content group and across the organization
- Encourages individuals to take on specific roles to deepen existing or develop new skills, specific to digital marketing and supporting technologies
- Gives the team proper recognition and credit for their contributions
- Builds a collective team vision and defines goals and objectives
- Acts as an innovator, catalyst, and influencer
- Leads and inspires internal and external cross-functional teams while managing workflow
- Motivates the team to deliver a consistently high-level quality of work
- Works to improve the team’s performance by pursuing opportunities for continuous learning/feedback
- Constructively helps and coaches team members in their professional development through informal and formal feedback sessions (i.e., performance reviews) as appropriate and proactively addresses staff performance issues
- Implements and refines conceptual development/ideation process and defines and coaches on presentation expectations
- Exhibits a “can-do” approach and inspires and motivates associates to excel
- Nurtures a culture that is fun to work in and helps build an open creative community
Other duties as assigned
Skills and Competencies
- Strong analytical, strategic, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of current and evolving digital platforms
- Working knowledge in industry-standard software and tools such as the Adobe Creative Cloud, MS Office, Adobe Acrobat, project management software, and online market research
- Demonstrated ability to process and understand client categories, competitive set and their brand and business goals/objectives.
- Measure and optimize digital performance to meet business objectives
- Develops creative analytic strategies to address marketing and business objectives
- Articulates the rationale that drives strategy execution
- Demonstrates experience in advanced analytics development as well as traditional and emerging analytics to support multichannel marketing
- Superior written and verbal communication skills; effective presentation skills
- Knows how to be persuasive and/or negotiate when selling in ideas
- Confidently and diplomatically stewards new ideas through the organization on behalf of the team
- Self-motivated and willing to expand knowledge
- Big picture thinker
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to manage differing viewpoints
- Ability to perform optimally under pressure and strict deadlines.
- Proven leadership skills to maximize team talents
- Leads and mentors team members in the ideation process leveraging research, analytics, and brand insights
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams and manage complex initiatives.
- Leads with passion that energizes the team to over-deliver against expectations and results in high employee engagement and overall job satisfaction
- Celebrates team and individual successes and creates a safe environment for constructive feedback
- Anticipates problems and sees how a problem and its solution will affect other projects, people, or processes
- Understands that all projects require attention to detail so that work is on time, on budget and on strategy
- Delegates properly and does not get caught up in being a production or process manager
- Expects team to push new thinking and will challenge cliché or rerun ideas
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of ten years’ experience in digital analytics, attribution strategy, database analysis, or related
- Experience with media mix modeling, attribution, or predictive modeling preferred
- Experience using digital analytic platforms (e.g., Adobe Analytics r Google Analytics)
- Understanding of experimental design principles, test vs. control requirements and analysis
- Competency working with data from native marketing platforms (e.g., Facebook or AdWords) and Salesforce preferred
- Ability to communicate and interact successfully with all levels of management and staff
- Excellent communication skills – ability to communicate complex concepts and recommendations persuasively, in a compelling and easy to understand manner
- Demonstrated ability to work extremely well with cross-functional teams, independently and proactively (IT, creative, privacy, security, marketing, application development, etc.)
- Must be results oriented and able to prioritize multiple initiatives in a fast-paced environment and can execute plans and initiatives with sense of urgency
- The leader must be a highly effective people leader, and will oversee a growing team
- The leader will demonstrate proven business acumen and must be a self-starter able to take on a large, global, highly visible area in the digital space
- Experience managing and leading teams in a fast paced and cross-functional focused environment
- Minimum of three years management experience required
- Demonstrated creative conceptualization skills
- Ability to recognize business opportunities and develop clear, concise, and compelling executive-ready communications to various audience groups with minimal guidance.
- Biotech or regulated environment experience preferred
- Passport and travel <25%
Degree of Accountability: Describe the degree to which the position entails making key decisions that affect business performance and provide examples.
- Accountable for creating global standards for advanced analytics and metrics for organizational decision making
- Accountable to the Digital Accelerator Team, Segment, Business and Region Leadership teams for accelerating omni-channel analytics capabilities and delivering growth through improved decision making.
Financial Impact: Describe the degree to which the position has an impact on those things that drive revenue generation and profitability and provide examples.
- Accountable for the prudent and effective deployment of Company analytics resources to drive profitable growth and reduce operating costs.
- Transform Regions and BUs through standout analytic products and services, expanding the pool of potential customers and refine the marketing and sales efforts towards existing customers
- Direct influence on use of operating income to reduce operating expenses with more efficient processes and better data and analytics upon which to make decisions.
- Affects cost reductions by providing process improvement and potential for harmonizing and reducing external spend with consultants.
- Optimizes the investment in sales and marketing automation platforms through managing metrics that measure the progress of sales effectiveness, efficiency, and tool utilization. Examples:
- Marketing ROI
- Increased number of qualified leads/ prospects
- Improved funnel velocity from more qualified targets entering the funnel
Sphere of Influence. Describe the degree to which a position influences and guides business activities, decisions and processes within a function or unit, as well as across organization boundaries. Provide an example(s).
- Supervision received: Directly reports to the VP Data, Analytics and Insights
- Supervision exercised: manages Omni-channel team of Data Scientists and Analysts, including and relevant contractors
- Success in this role will require mastery of data strategy, advanced analytics principles and disciplines to build Segment, Business Unit and Region analytic capabilities. The position is the “face of omni-channel analytics”
Supervisory Responsibilities/ Leadership Characteristics
- Direct supervision of Omni-Channel Analytics Team
- Be bold and strategic
- Remove obstacles and empower others
- Deliver results that matter
- Debate and decide and then commit and go
- Win as one BD
- Have the courage to iterate, try new things, and embrace change
Employment at BD is contingent upon the Company’s receipt of sufficient proof that you are or will be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Consistent with BD’s Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
Primary Work LocationUSA NJ - Franklin Lakes
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ