Sr. Director/Tech Lead Business Partner, BD Life Science (Hybrid / Flex)
Job Description SummaryBe part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 70,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
The role of the Lead, Business Partner is to serve as the person responsible for establishing Information Technology & Global Services (TGS) strategy and plan aligned to Life Sciences (LS) Business Unit’s objectives, driving the shaping of demand as well as the delivery and support of TGS solutions and services. This individual will serve as a point person to LS leadership and will lead a team of business partners to conduct analysis, prepare appropriate solution direction and lead the work. Above all, this individual will be required to collaborate with internal and external authorities to ensure that the LS businesses are proactively provided with strategic thought leadership. This is a great opportunity for someone to facilitate bringing the appropriate technology, process, and workplace solutions together as they supply to the commercial agenda of BDX.
This leadership position reports directly to the VP, TGS Business Partner Life Sciences and will serve on the leadership team of the LS Businesses.
The objective of this role is to actively partner with Business to understand their strategic priorities and work to identify ways that TGS can support and advance those objectives. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Develop a deep knowledge of Business including key driver goals, short- and long-term roadmaps, key personnel, etc.
- Partner with Business leadership to plan new joint initiatives, evaluate proposals, and resolve how they fit into roadmaps and priorities.
- Lead and facilitate TGS’ partner teams to ensure delivery provides the desired outcomes. Work with other TGS Business Partners and TGS’ Core Areas of Delivery to ensure that solutions are not siloed and that they are informed by, and are integrated with, BD’s enterprise roadmaps.
- Ensure project and initiative progress, including consistent and effective communication. This includes handling critical issue and avoiding risk.
- Measure and communicate value realized on a periodic basis through defined and agreed upon metrics and supporting analysis.
- Serve as a continuous connector. Energized by a role that is focused on partnership and facilitation. Operates through the lens of what can we do to simplify and improve things
Qualifications & Experience:
The ideal candidate will bring a combination of strategic understanding, both business and technology experience, exceptional relationship building skills and solution-oriented approach together.
In addition, this person should also possess:
- 10+ years of experience in a business including work in a technology function.
- Strong Technology experience in commercial, operational and ERP Systems (SAP S/4 Hana) and Solutions. Ability to bring new technology thinking and solutions using internal and external technology partners and specialists.
- Ability to influence and break down silos within an organization as well across organizations
- Ability to map joint organizational vision and long-term thinking, inventiveness, and idea generation.
- Must communicate business / technical challenges in a simplified manner.
- Must have experience and knowledge of organizational change principles and methodologies and can formulate new programs to generate engagement.
- Familiarity with continuous improvement and project management approaches, tools, and phases.
- Exceptional ability to lead change using positive methods.
- Experience working in a highly matrixed organization and in overcoming ambiguity
- Mentoring, and motivating others all around you.
Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field is strongly preferred. Master’s degree highly desirable. Educational certificate or training in a process methodology is a plus.
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work LocationUSA NJ - Franklin Lakes
Additional LocationsUSA CA - San Diego (BDB), USA CA - San Jose, USA MD - Sparks - 7 Loveton Circle
Recommendto a friend
"Purpose driven company where associates work every day to make healthcare better. A lot of great initiatives going on to make BD the best MedTech company in the world."
Anonymous, Franklin Lakes, NJ